Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2004 12:39:59 PM EDT
being an old fart  my 16 in ar is LOUD and if I could find a way to take the edge off it it sure would help
in another words is there a leagle cheap way to make it a little easer on my ears please help
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Those little rubber earplugs are about $1.69. Cup type hearing protectors can be had for as little as $10 online.

I don't know anything about rifle sound suppresors or if there is even such a thing for an AR. I'm sure someone has built it. You would have to get a license for it $$$.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the plugs and muffs    my 20 in   makes about 1/2 the noise  of my 16 in  but the shortey is the one I like best it handles so much better  does anyone make an extention or an add on that may help  some of you guys should know  please and thanks for any help
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Suppressors are available and can be had for around $300 plus the $200 transfer fee.They'll make it as quiet as a .22LR, but it ain't cheap.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Suppressors are available and can be had for around $300 plus the $200 transfer fee.They'll make it as quiet as a .22LR, but it ain't cheap.

....but well worth it I'd imagine.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:31:01 AM EDT
[#5]
don't have the funds for a suppressor  was hoping there was a way to extend the barrel  and not everything else  an 18 0r 20 barrel that would use the same hand guard and sight setup that would not add toooo much weight
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top