Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2004 8:22:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in L.E. in the area, but I have had no involvement in the incident.  A  SC LEO attempted to stop a 21yo female driver and a 17yo male passenger for speeding but they fled down I95. The GSP took control when the chase entered GA and after several reckless moves by the fleeing vehicle, the Trooper decided to use the PIT maneuver.  The GSP allows Troopers to use the PIT at their discretion, but usually as a last resort.  At this time, no action will be pursued against the Trooper since he followed policy.  The girl had a suspended DL, but other than that no one knows why she ran.  It’s a sad situation for all involved…  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:39:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Why would there be charges filed against the trooper?  Anyone who leads the cops on a high speed chase, thus endangering everyone around them, gets no sympathy from me and there should be no consideration of charges.  Why would you even ask if charges filed against the trooper?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top