Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 12:50:39 PM EDT
I live near 285 and 400...  I am about to move but I have not chosen a location.  South River (east south east) is a great place but my brother is in Kennesaw and I would like to stay in the north west quadrant...

Are there any rifle ranges 75 North or out 20 West?

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I live near 285 and 400...  I am about to move but I have not chosen a location.  South River (east south east) is a great place but my brother is in Kennesaw and I would like to stay in the north west quadrant...

Any ideas?

Jkiser, discussing gun ranges is a very touchy subject and tends to bring out a herd of trolls. Here's proof: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=35&t=183286

I couldn't resist....

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea...  I know.  But, I am gettin' desperate.  I do not have a lot of time to go shooting (new baby) so if I burn it all driving, I waste the day.  Anyhow, I'm just lookin' for options.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any ideas?

Jkiser, discussing gun ranges is a very touchy subject and tends to bring out a herd of trolls. Here's proof: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=35&t=183286

I couldn't resist....

You just can't help 'jacking a thead, huh?!?

JKiser: How far west? Bham has a really nice outdoor range. There is a gun shop called Ed's Guns, no it's not great, 2 rifle lanes, dirt backstop, but it is better than nothing, AR's are welcome, not select fire. Bullseye is a gun shop that has a pistol range, never shot there. And American Classic Marksman is another. I have shot there, but not an AR nor rifle. There is a tacked thread at the top of this forum that has more info.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Me and a friend are going to check out Pine Hill in Heflin, AL on Saturday. You may join us if you wish. We're going to meet at the Thornton rd BP at 10:00.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I can reach the Pickens Co range in just under an hour from Exit 267 on I-75. There's another range near Villa Rica, but it isn't open on Sundays. The Pickens Co range is $100 initiation and $75/year, but they've just reached their member limit this year.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Dont forget Advance Bullets off of I 20 west, Temple I think.  South of the highway.

All outdoor. 2 or 3 pistol lanes with a few 25,50,75 and 100 yard stops.

Nice covered lane plus they do trap as well.

He is ok with our evil black rifles.  But he DOES NOT like to rapid of a trigger pull and you can only use HIS targets. Range time the last time I was there was 10. an hour.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

JKiser: How far west? Bham has a really nice outdoor range. There is a gun shop called Ed's Guns, no it's not great, 2 rifle lanes, dirt backstop, but it is better than nothing, AR's are welcome, not select fire. Bullseye is a gun shop that has a pistol range, never shot there. And American Classic Marksman is another. I have shot there, but not an AR nor rifle. There is a tacked thread at the top of this forum that has more info.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

My haunt now is American Classic.  It is relatively close (20 minutes) and I get along with the guys there.  Unfortunately, I have fired way too much 556 and 762 in that place (25 yards!).  I have fumbled witht the thread at the top.  I was kinda lookin' to find a 'hidden jewel'.  Dumb idea but I had to ask...  Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Me and a friend are going to check out Pine Hill in Heflin, AL on Saturday. You may join us if you wish. We're going to meet at the Thornton rd BP at 10:00.

Thanks very much for the offer!  Err... How long does it take to get there from Thornton Rd (does Thornton bisect 20 west?)?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I can reach the Pickens Co range in just under an hour from Exit 267 on I-75. There's another range near Villa Rica, but it isn't open on Sundays. The Pickens Co range is $100 initiation and $75/year, but they've just reached their member limit this year.

Thank you for the info...  Unfortunately, an hour travel time won't make it passed 'she who must be obeyed'...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dont forget Advance Bullets off of I 20 west, Temple I think.  South of the highway.

All outdoor. 2 or 3 pistol lanes with a few 25,50,75 and 100 yard stops.

Nice covered lane plus they do trap as well.

He is ok with our evil black rifles.  But he DOES NOT like to rapid of a trigger pull and you can only use HIS targets. Range time the last time I was there was 10. an hour.

Been there...  Really liked the layout.  The guy was an AssHat and shooting his targets sucked.  I am tryin' to find an alternative but I might have to settle for that place.  Thank you for responding.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks very much for the offer!  Err... How long does it take to get there from Thornton Rd (does Thornton bisect 20 west?)?

Yes, thorton is right off of 20.

I haven't been to Pine Hill yet, but I heard it's just over the Alabama border .. . I mean state line.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, thorton is right off of 20.

I haven't been to Pine Hill yet, but I heard it's just over the Alabama border .. . I mean state line.

Darnit!  Sorry to leave you hangin'...  Again, time is an issue!!  I wish I could've joined you but I can't get away that long.  Thank you very much for the invitation!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Jkiser, discussing gun ranges is a very touchy subject and tends to bring out a herd of trolls.

Whats a troll?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top