Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 11:48:50 AM EDT
.......is anybody going......or do I get to keep all of the deals and steals????

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]
A previous engagement precludes me from attending. My regrets.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
On vacation in Pensacola, Peg Leg Pete's here I come.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I may just go to support the show. I don't really need anything... except an expensive scope, a bipod, some more ammo, a lower, an upper, a quad rail hg please somebody stop me.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Where's it at?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
IT's at Cobb County Civic Cetner IIRC.

Funny story about Cobb Civic show- a couple years ago, I had bought an AR for a great price and decided to find a show and seei fI couldn't turn it for a quick profit. I checked out the Eastman and GA mtns sites and saw that both had a show, one at Cobb and one in Covington I think. So I left and headed for Marietta to the Cobb show. I packed my new AR15 20" and the mag that it came with and headed out. I get to the parking lot and while packed, it had a funny look to it. So I get out and start heading for the door, pass an oriental man jibbering something I couldn't understand about the restaurant across the street and handing out flyers, then I pass a couple nice looking model types near the door handing out flyers, I figured for some politician, and I get to the door, grabbing my wallet to pay my entrance, and then lcok my bolt back, double checking my chamber and gettting the rifle ready for the cop at the door, when I see somthing that strikes me as odd....

... there are no guns in anyone elses hands, nor are there any on the tables I can see through the window. I ask this guy, "This ain't the gunshow?" He says "No, it the computer show, but you never know what'll be on the tables in there.". I turn, feeling quite the jackass, and try to calmly head back to the truck, not drawing any attention as I trek across the parking lot with my evil black rifle. I get back to the truck and catch a kid out of the corner of my eye pointing me out to his dad, I look and grin and get the H out of there.

I laughed all the way to the next show. I get back home to find out what I read  and see that the GUNshow was the next week.

BTW< I'll probably be going after I double check that the show is at CCCC!
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
rofl!  if that happened in california, people would be running and screaming.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:18:32 PM EDT
[#8]
When you enter the show do this:

Matt Eastman will be standing at the entrance giving out entry forms for something. Keep walking and don't take the entry form. He will almost chase you down if you don't take his damn form!!

I get a kick out of it, but that's because I'm almost evil.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Matt Eastman will be standing at the entrance giving out entry forms for something. Keep walking and don't take the entry form. He will almost chase you down if you don't take his damn form!!

I get a kick out of it, but that's because I'm almost evil. hr

I always love to crumple it up into a little ball and throw it down on the table just after he gives it to me.....It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Sometimes I pay his wife my $7 entry fee with  lose change....She REALLY loves when I do that. I do it with a big smile on face too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I get a kick out of it, but that's because I'm almost evil.

It's not nice to taunt handicapped people!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:52:54 AM EDT
[#11]
So, has anyone ever won anything from one of these drawings? Not I heard about a guy, nor I read somewhere, but I won a doorprize!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I forgot...I might go. Not a big fan of Cobb County.......
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, this is going to be great.......more deals and steals for me.

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:37:58 AM EDT
[#14]
i like how eastman double parks his benz in the handi cap spots....he's all class.

they used to raffle decent guns, then it was cheap guns like topper shotguns...now its some crappy pakistani knife. but the admission price keeps going up...hmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, but it's the best show going in most parts.
I think it's funny how his wife is always pimping her flabby clevage. LOL!
I usually go just to boost attendance, to keep gun owner numbers up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Don't lie, you go for the flabby clevage!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not attached to that witch!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So, has anyone ever won anything from one of these drawings? Not I heard about a guy, nor I read somewhere, but I won a doorprize!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Did somebody say something?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, s0ulzer0, I've seen you checking her out.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, s0ulzer0, I've seen you checking her out.  

I look because I wonder how cool it'd be to see my vomit dripping down her tit crack.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Gentlemen and Ladies,

I'll possibly take heat for posting this here.
I live approx. 3-4 miles from the civic ctr. I've got a plain 20" bushy I'm selling (don't want too, but...). Bought it new, and have put 1-2K thru it. I did drill two 1/4 in holes in the handguard at 10 o'clock for a one-slot rail, so it is blemished. But it has run flawlessly. I found a load that will shoot 1 MOA in it: Try Sierra 52gr. MK with 26.0gr. of Ramshot TAC in WW case w/ F205 primer.

Anyway,
I'll be there and would like to met any of ya'll that are there.

Jeff Allen
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#22]
To anyone going- Are you bringing anything to sell, looking for anything specific? It would be cool if AR15 .commers got first chance at things for sale!

Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone know if there are any vendors there selling stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I am coming, looks like AWB is sunsetting, and I am in mood for lower whoring. If anyone got complete or lower AR, let me know. I will be there Saturday noon.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't make this one but if someone finds a good deal on a RR or MEGA reciever pick it up for me please.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:42:40 PM EDT
[#26]
This is the list of items I will be bringing to the show tomorrow:

1. Colt MT Lightweight (16" barrel, A2 sights)
2. Colt MT HBAR (20" barrel, flattop)
3. S&W 686 revolver, stainless, 6 shot.

I will be wearing a green Leupold hat.

Thanks,
Accountant
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
This is the list of items I will be bringing to the show tomorrow:

1. Colt MT Lightweight (16" barrel, A2 sights)
2. Colt MT HBAR (20" barrel, flattop)
3. S&W 686 revolver, stainless, 6 shot.

I will be wearing a green Leupold hat.

Thanks,
Accountant

The 686, does it have the full underlug? Price?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm going to try to unload my DPMS 18" LR Panther(.308) with ACE ARFX stock and extra SR25 20 rounder. Never fired. would like to get $1000 for it. Sweet gun,just decided I want an AR10 or BAR10.
Also will have a custom 18" fluted and muzzle breaked bull barrel DPMS side charged hi rider slick sided upper(sounds confusing). Would like to get $650 for it with B/C/CH
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I will probably be bringing my Mossy 590 and maybe my all fancied up PWA preban AR.

I'll be the one in camo ( I crack myself up)

I've got a Sig 229 in 357sig for sale if anyone is interested. two 10 rounds mags that are near new, pistol with Harrts recoil reducer , new Wolff recoil spring and Galco Combatmaster Holster. $450- If anyone's interested, I'll bring it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I believe that I met  Accountant30339 and M14shooter(sp?) today.  I only walked out with ammo cans for my brother.  Did buy $300.00 worth of stuff on the web tonight which was mostly ammo for my P3AT.    

Dave S

It was nice to get out of the house and talk to adults and cover topics like GUNS & AMMUNITION!!!!  And it was nice to come home to find two oldest daughters(15 and 13) goofing off with the youngest(9). Yepper, a good saturday.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:40:08 AM EDT
[#31]
DaveS,

That was us. Good to meet you on saturday. Sorry we had to run so quick....but after standing there for 4 hours listening to, "Are you for sale?" and "What kind of rifle is that?", I was ready to get the HELL out of there. The only good part during that whole time was when a blue eyed, busty, blonde asked me that question.

Accountant
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#32]
David,
It was a pleasure meeting you this past Sat. Phil gave me a dealer's badge so I came back Sun. for free. I bought bandoleers, stripper clips, and chargers just to learn how to put 'em together.
Also, I talked one dealer into selling me the quik release strapps from an Alice pack. I then attached the to the D-rings on my sniper rifle drag bag. Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Jeff,
It was a pleasure meeting you too! When I got the Bushy home I was able to cut that zip-tie off and take a good look at the rifle. She sure was perty. Thanks again, I will give her a good home.

Also, keep checking back in the "Hometown" section. They should have an update pretty soon on the 500 yard, Sept 11th shoot we were talking about.

Take care,
Accountant
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top