Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2004 12:48:02 PM EDT
....a reasonably priced preban lower in this state? All I want is a preban lower. It doesn't have to look good or smell good, or even taste good. All it has to be is serviceable with a preban serial number. It doesn't even have to have parts. just a reciever.  It would seem that all of the preban AR15 lowers in this part of the country have been somehow turned into gold, with a price to match. I understand that the market price is high, but there is no way that a stripped lower from any manufacturer is worth $1000 dollars. Has anyone in the state of Georgia seen or heard of a reasonably priced stripped or complete lower for sale locally. Does any one have a beat up, rough looking lower that they would like to get rid of? Is it even possible to buy a preban lower for less than $800?
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
No, I don't think so. I had to buy a preban lower about 6 months ago (tried like hell to wait until 9/04) but had to finally break down and get one so I could complete my SPR. (I wanted a preban lower so I could put a collaspible stock on mine). Found one on the Equipment Exchange for $850. Doesn't seem the going rate has changed yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive seen just a lower go for 6 to 700 on EE though rare.  I have also seen full bushmasters go for under the $1000 mark several times also.  Just keep your eye out there will be more and more selling them at lower prices as the date approaches.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep looking, they are out there.  I'm wondering what we'll start seeing at gun shows.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I am still looking for a lower too.  I am not getting a preban. I am just gonna get one for september. If someone can get one cheap let me know.  I will jump on it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
you can get RRA for about 106 out the door at the gun shop.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a preban PWA on Gunbroker with a buy now price of $625. Item # 18170850.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Do you just have to have a pre-ban right now?  The closer we get to September, the lower the prices will get.  Please understand I am very much of the opinion the ban is out of here.  For that reason, I agree about the RRA lower.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 4:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn dude, just hold out for another 4 months and 7 days.  Congress does not have enough days in session left for something like this to pass.  In addition, it's an election year and I don't thing these boys have completely forgotten that nearly 50 of them that voted for this nonsense in the House of Representatives lost their seats last time around.  Unless something completely unforseen happens and both Houses of Congress decide that they'd rather hang out in D.C. and pass unpopular legislation instead of adjourning to go home and campaign ( or not for those who don't have to run ) I don't see it getting renewed.

So, as someone else pointed out, that means $109 for your lower in 4 months and 7 days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#9]
All of these are valid points, but my desire to purchase a preban lower is mainly based on concern that something could happen causeing the ban not to sunset. At these prices I am more inclined to take my chances.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:15:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top