Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 7:10:50 AM EDT
Hey all, Im posting here because you are my home town friends.  Well I got the gun in from a local member and all I can say is Holy Shit!  This is something like I would only dream of.  It is a full SPR.  Even down to the real brake!  I will be posting pictures of it tonight when I get off work but some one must be crazy to paint such a beutiful weapon like this.  JK!  I will start the process of painting tomorrow for that is my off time.  Im a bit nervous to do it but I know in the end it will be all good!  Wish me luck and pray that I do not screw it up!  (Hes a COP and he can make my life a living hell!)  

Book, I still have not herd from the guy with the SIR.  It was to go out yesterday and I have not gotten a tracking number.  Ill let you know when I get it!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.  

Hey, I bet I know who's rifle you've got.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a good feeling you do.  IF you have seen it you would understand what Im talking about.  Again Holy Shit!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
So, I guess you don't need me to pick up the paints for urban camo or my Bushmaster?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
No son I told you I would do yours.  your is urban so Im down for that.  Just remember I might be taking off back to Miami come 1st of the month so get it while the getting is good!

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No son I told you I would do yours.  your is urban so Im down for that.  Just remember I might be taking off back to Miami come 1st of the month so get it while the getting is good!

Oh, well damn. Ok. I'll hold off then. I was going to do it to help you out with a gun for your write-up.
Since you have one now, I'll be happy with my bushmaster staying black.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:44:02 AM EDT
[#6]
thats cool, My offer still stands!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
thats cool, My offer still stands!

I know and thanks, but I'll stick with classic black. I was only going to do it to help you out.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I see you just do not like my work.  ITs ok!  
jk I hope!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I see you just do not like my work.  ITs ok!  

jk I hope!

No, your work looks great, it's just I really like black best, seriously.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Trust me, s0ulzer0 really likes the black better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not touching that setup.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Black Is Beautiful.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Well start tomorrow on the paint job.  Wish me luck!  

As to the SIR, Im thinking that it will be here Thursday.  That would be 3 day mail and I have a feeling that is how it was sent.  So let me know whats good for you Book.  I work till 10pm on Friday and back at work at 6am to 2pm on Saturday.  You let me know and Im there!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I just cleaned the shit out of my pants!  I now have the base coat on this beautiful rifle!  It looks like a toy and there is no turning back now.  I forgot to tell the owner this was my fist one!  JK But something like this makes you feel like the first.  Well Ill be posting pics of it here as I go.  I just got to get my sis to wake up to do it for me.  Im still a long ways away but at least the hard part is done!  Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Gordon, I've got my confidence in you and if the rifle turns out to look half as good as that mag you showed me I'll be quite pleased. If its done in time I'm hopin to get it out to Gunsite Hills in Oglethorpe County on friday afternoon and stretch its legs out to about 700yds if I get the chance.

I'm definetely looking forward to seeing those pics posted here!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey I did not even think about this when you were here telling me that you wanted to shot it on Friday.  I am trying to have it done by tomorrow but I did not even think of allowing time to have the paint cure.  It will be dry to touch but not cured.  That takes about a week for it to be done.  Im not saying you cant shoot it but I would give it a week to allow it to fully set up.  Ill talk to you more when you come check it out for pick up!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#17]
No biggie, if I have to wait another week its no big deal. I'll just shoot my GA Precision AR10!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Before!

Base coat

MORE TO COME!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:33:44 PM EDT
[#19]
just to let you know I did tape off the scope!  But could not for the life of me get that 1 cap off!  

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#20]
If you meant that rear turret on the ocular bell, thats not supposed to come off, so its no big deal. By the way, it looks great so far...
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Still got more to go but this is the start of the green!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]
This is some really bad light with some wet paint, so its not as dark as it seems.  Its looking really good in my book!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:02:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks great, by the way...darker is better. It really looks awesome but it kinda looks like a dark desert cammo, at least thats what it looks like in the picture. I cant wait to pick it up now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#25]
The idea is not to make it too dark.  That will just blend in from a distance.  IF you have the lighter color to break up the pattern then it will not look as one solid unit.  I have to allow it to dry overnight and then go back over it with steel wool to knock down any overspray.  This will give it a smooth finish and look like the gun was ment to look that color.  Then I will have to go over it with several coats of clear to give it protection from the elements.  This will also bring out the color more and make it look deap.  Im happy with it and just have to walk away from it for a bit so my eyes do not go crossed.  So hang in there and Ill shoot you a call when all said and done.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#26]
I have gotten the write up done and taking all the pictures to go along with it.  I got several more steps to go but I hope it will help all that wants to tackle something like this and not spend an arm and a leg to do it.  I think everyone's SHTF gun should be painted.  You buy all this cammo gear and you have a 2 foot black thing in your hand that sticks out like Deltas Butt crack!  Needs to be covered!

So try it yourself or get it done.  That goes for butt crack also!

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice work.  Very good job.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Gordon,
That works for me. Lemme know when I can come pick it up..
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Im having second thoughts on releasing this back to you.  I know its not my first born but Im really digging it.  I walk by it and stare at it for minutes at a time.  Im really digging it!

Well I guess I cant keep it, but I guess I will have to save up for one myself.  Lucky bastard!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Now, Now dont go getting any crazy ideas or anything! I already told you that you can shoot it when I get to the next get together at Charlie Elliot, LOL.
Of course thats after I figure out which of my handloads work best and I load a bunch up. I've got a ton of Lake City once fired brass prepped, 2lb's of Varget and about 500 Nosler 77grn's that I'm just itchin to load.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Man with all your toys, your like the kid everyone wanted to live next door to!  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Very nice SPR. I have one almost done. I still need a brake and then I am done. Perhaps we could get together one weekend and try them out.

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#33]
write up done follow link to see!

Thanks all!

paint write up
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:16:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Why are you showing us pictures of your crappy garden?  We want to see the gun!
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Your frog is missing an eye.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#37]
[cartman]Sweeeettt[/cartman]
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 8:15:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Your frog is missing an eye.

Not to mention a leg...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top