Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 12:27:42 PM EDT
Hey I was reading this in another part of this site and wanted to post here to see if anyone may be able to help this guy out!

PLEASE READ THIS!!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 3:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that sucks.  ALWAYS do a check on your gear/kit before you leave the range.  Especially on weapons.  Also, NEVER leave your stuff unattended.  Have a buddy watch your stuff when you're changing targets.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch!

Hope it works out for that guy.

Agnew out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:40:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone also mentioned in that thread to limit the number of firearms you take to the range.  I think that's great advice.  If you take more than three or four firearms, you might be more likely to miscount when you're packing your stuff.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]

. If you take more than three or four firearms, you might be more likely to miscount when you're packing your stuff.

Don't be that hard on us just because we went to school in Georgia. As long as we have both our feet and hands we can count to at least twenty.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry to hear about your situation. Is there anyway any of us might be able to keep and eye (and/or ear) open for you? I go to Wilson Shoals from time to time. I will be happy to keep my ears open ("hey, the last time we were here, we found some gringos gun he left") or an eye (anyone with an identical rifle who looks like they have never used one), etc.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#6]
thompsondd, the guy who lost the rifle still hasn't posted in THIS thread.  I asked him (in the other thread) to give us better details (and a picture & serial numbers).  I figure with the gun show on the 15-16, if someone wanted to dump a gun without paper work, that's a damn good place to start.  With a bunch of us going to the show, we could be on the lookout.  He hasn't responded yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 1:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I also asked him to do it.  IF he is not wanting help then nothing we can do.  We've tried!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Check it out.  Someone turned in the rifle.  Here's the thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top