Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 10:50:31 AM EDT
My attempt to speed up the action here in the Hometown area, in alphabetical order:

AR9X19, how's baseball season going?
Blackriflefever, is there a hospital update?
Book, how's the ticker?
Bradd_D, and new toys?
Byte, has the Brass-In-Flight photo collection made it into the Smithsonian yet?
CA-LRRP, shot any matches recently?
Delta, did you wind up surviving Music Midtown?

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Let's see...

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911
Glock 21 w/Surefire X200 weaponlight and (2) 13 rd mags
Mossberg 590A1
Another Yugo SKS
Parts to build another AR upper

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Smithsonian!!!

That's my problem, I have been writing the Library of Congress...sheesh

Uh, Bradd_D,  I don't see a collapsible stock on that list. You already buy that?
I am still waiting for my CMP M1...waiting...

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Well hobbit thanks for asking, I just got an ARMS #58 Sir for the .50 Beowulf and finished another paint job.  Got several more to do!  

But again hope all is well and thanks for asking!
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 12:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry Veldubin- I only got to the letter "D" above...
Those of you with alphabetically challenged names feel free to chime in.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I was just  giving you a hard time.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#6]
No offense taken here- I caught the tone and took it as it was intended.
BTW- What sighting setup are you going to use with that grenade launcher disguised as an AR?
-Hobbit

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#7]
well right now Im going to play with it with the iron sites.  Ive been spending way to much money on this project and I need to hang off for a bit.  Thats not even thinking about the ammo that goes through it.  Im going to have to get with some of you like I have said before and talk about reloading.  

I had my old boss in Miami call me up and asked if I wanted to come back to work for him brokering.  The money is too good not to pass up.  He wants me to start the first week of June so I have to give this a lot of thought.  But I have a feeling that I will be going.

Ill hope to see all of you here at the next gun show and I will know by then if I am going or not.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to go with an ACOG but Im not sure what route I will go.  Im going to start to look at the show but I have several other projects I would like to bring up to date.  

Link Posted: 5/2/2004 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still here and doing okay, if very busy.

vedubin01, I've gone back and forth on an ACOG for quite some time.  I can't shake it.  Guess I'll have to get one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]
thats how I feel, I want one but then second guess the cost vs what I would use it for.  There is a lot of optics you can buy that will do the same thing and cost much less.   I know the Beowulf is not going to be something that Im grabbing if SHTF but this gun gun build has gotten only but the best so far and why stop short on a scope?  I do not know Im still liking the comp M2 and or the ML2.  Maybe I just need to play with some of your toys to figure out what Im wanting.  

But the ARMS is going in the mail with tracking number on monday so Ill be able to tell you when Im headed to your house.  Id say about 5 minutes after UPS shows up at the door.  That would give me a minute to rip open the box.  2 minutes to just stare.  1 minute to kick on my shoes and the other to grab gun and keys to head out the door.  Ive alway wanted one but I got this for $277.80 shipped to my door!  There was no way to say no!

But now the fever is on even hotter than before and now I want (need) everything else to finish this build.  Please tie me off I need my fix!

Well Ill get back with you when I know more on when its coming in.  Im really looking at reloading equipment very hard.  I think my toys will have to hold a bit to make time for this.  (MUST GET F_I_X) !  

Well got to go back to work Im stuck at the airport till 10pm tonight to help offset the delema Im having with my pockets catching on fire!

Late

G
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#11]
The ACOGs are designed (and calibrated) for specific calibers, are they not?  Not sure the ACOG would be the best optic for a rifle like that.  I think given the range of that caliber, I'd go with an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
that is true, for bullet fall and all.  The range on the .50 is somewhere like upto 200 yrds.  Im sure that it can do better than that but that is where the shooter gets behind on the gun.  My brother just jumped on that deal where someone was selling aimpoint Comp M's on EE with the mount and all for $170 shipped.  It came in yesterday. I looked at it and it does shows wear but it functions well and for that price way not.  So it does not have the 2 extra settings and battery life is not as long but man what a nice find!

Im really liking the Aimpoint scopes.  I might have to talk to him about doing a group buy for a buy-in.  Need to place a $3000 order to get in.  But Im sure several of us could rack that up at (cough - Cost - cough).  
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#13]
ACOKS, AIMSPOOGES, ARMPITS........yeeech!

Give me irons any day!
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#14]
When you goin to Books? Can the little bro tag along (Book? Gordo?)?

Agnew out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
My attempt to speed up the action here in the Hometown area, in alphabetical order:

Delta, did you wind up surviving Music Midtown?

-Hobbit

Yeah I survived Music Midtown.  Allthough the lineup was pretty poor this year, the action rocked.  Now I just gotta figure out who I want to take on a date first Lisa or Jen.

Oh yeah I also forgot I did take some time to piss of some hippie commune liberals.  Those Zendik jokers were running around with their "Stop Bitching and Start a Revolution" stickers.  When they handed me one, I handed it right back and told her that I believed that we were doing one hell of a job and we needed to keep going.

oh yeah if you've been haning out in GD, I've been a little busy post whore.  I did take some time to get banned off an Al Gore Forum.  Only took 1.5 hours and 1 post.

Damn didn't see I had 5 more posts to 1000
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Conspiro-Agnew, You're welcome to come over when Gordon comes by.  He's gonna let me know when the stuff comes in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

AR9X19, how's baseball season going?
-Hobbit

2 and 7, no playoffs in our future! The kid is playing better though.

Concession duty bites!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:41:01 AM EDT
[#18]
ok, I finally got my pics from MM.

Now mind you guys I had been drinking since about noon on Friday

Here's Saturday

and Sunday
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Liberace had nothing on you.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:28:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok Book it was shipped out on Monday from Dayton OH.  So I hope to have it here tomorrow or Thursday!  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ok Book it was shipped out on Monday from Dayton OH.  So I hope to have it here tomorrow or Thursday!  

Thursday I have evening plans.  Better hope it's tomorrow.  

If not tomorrow, what about Friday or Saturday?  Sunday is Mother's Day, so that ain't gonna work for me either (unless it's late afternoon maybe).
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#22]
hey, im hoping that it will be here tomorrow also.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#23]
The Doors were the best thing about Music Midtown this year.  Damn they rocked.  Astbury is looking quite the dead-ringer for Morrison these days and sounding awesome.  Being that this was only my second time I can't say if it was good or bad.  I felt like I got my money's worth.  Plus I got to see rock star boobies so it was all cool.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The Doors were the best thing about Music Midtown this year.  Damn they rocked.  Astbury is looking quite the dead-ringer for Morrison these days and sounding awesome.  Being that this was only my second time I can't say if it was good or bad.  I felt like I got my money's worth.  Plus I got to see rock star boobies so it was all cool.

You got to see Ian Astbury's boobies?  
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Nope, Courtney Love's, several times.  The rest of her looks a little wore out but the implants are holding up well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:32:43 AM EDT
[#26]
You guys are just wrong.  

VWin:  You don't need no stinking ACOG or Aimpoint for the Beowulf; you need a mortar sight.  Think -bullet drop-!
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 9:32:31 AM EDT
[#27]
How about the Quadrant sight off of a 203? LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top