Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2003 2:43:44 PM EDT
I sold my preban Blue Label Colt 9mm AR-15 this past weekend.
I just replaced it with a Preban R6600 Colt AR15A2 HBAR unfired with 2 USGI 30 rounders.
I mailed my money order and FFL copy off this afternoon.
This is my 1st online firearm purchase so I'm kinda freaked but the people at
Old Sacramento Armoury seem pretty cool and my FFL has done business with them before.

I got it for $1399. Here's the picture from the GunsAmerica listing.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rifle.  So, I'm guessing you think the ban will be replaced?  I think it's a good move dumping the 9mm though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Were you dissatisfied with the 9 milly, or having a BraddD moment?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Were you dissatisfied with the 9 milly, or having a BraddD moment?

If he was having a "me" moment, he'd already have a buyer for the new Colt.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You got a point.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
You gonna fire it?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nice looking rifle.  So, I'm guessing you think the ban will be replaced?  I think it's a good move dumping the 9mm though.

You know my opinion on that already on the AWB.

I did it because I was over the 9mm.
I wanted an AR-15 that is roll marked AR-15.
If the ban goes away and doesn't get replaced, I only paid $1399 for it. New Colts go for
$900-$1100 anyways, it's not that big a loss and I had read that Colt wasn't going to
roll mark any new rifles AR-15 again regardless.

Also I sold the 9mm, picked this up and still had cash left. I did ok.

Yes - I'm going to shoot the hell out of it!
I've been wanting to try a 1:7 twist with my M855.
Is it a slab side.....I didn't think to ask really. I assumed that being marked AR15A2 that
it had the raised fence.
I guess I'll find out when I get it. I won't be upset if it doesn't.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I figured that would keep it's value regardless.  You're usually smart about your purchases.  

A 1:7 twist, huh?  Tell you what, I've been shooting golf balls WHILE THEY ARE MOVING on strings at 100 yards with that damn RRA Varminter (1:8 twist/Wylde chamber) using IMI M855.  When you get the Colt we've got to try it with the golf balls & IMI.  (Of course, I am cheating with a Nikon 4-12 scope & Harris bipod!)  I'll even supply the ammo.  From a good rest I bet that Colt will shoot real nice groups.  That looks like one bad-ass rifle.  I think you made the right choice.

Hey, not to hi-jack your thread, but you comin' to CE Saturday?  I'll give ya a lift if you need.  See ya, my friend.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I was just at CE like 2 weeks ago.....I may just go, a lift would be cool...I'll let you know.
Thanks!

BTW - EOD, Chuck and myself tried the BBQ at that "Pony Express" place out by CE - not bad!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Good move. I'm keeping my prebans. I've never wanted a pistol caliber AR, so your selling the 9 mil was a good thing in my book.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
You know they sell horses at the Pony Express, right?

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You know they sell horses at the Pony Express, right?

LOL! Yes, I know.....but the BBQ was real good anyway...even if it used to wear a saddle!

~ s0ulzer0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top