Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2003 7:21:13 PM EDT
STEEL!

I still have 4 more plates, maybe a short stand to the right of the other plates.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So when will the next GA shoot be held at your place?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 4:47:29 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said!

While I'm a big fan of "Aim small, miss small", I'd still splurge for a little more dirt on that backstop.  It'll reduce the number of trees that get cut down...
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Tellem P806, "you piled that dirt up with your own Back and a shovel !!!!!!...Very nice...
Question for ya.Do yall get to go to the LEO Center and shoot when ever ya feel like it? I would figure they would have some cool Urban setting that ya go through.But haveing a pistol spot  at your Castle would be great. Nice job, WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Tellem P806, "you piled that dirt up with your own Back and a shovel !!!!!!...Very nice...
Question for ya.Do yall get to go to the LEO Center and shoot when ever ya feel like it? I would figure they would have some cool Urban setting that ya go through.But haveing a pistol spot  at your Castle would be great. Nice job, WarDawg

GPSTC has probably the best firearms training in the southeast.  I try to get in two or three rifle/pistol courses a year, only one problem tho is that I've taken all of them except the SWAT courses.  Time to start over.

Oh, you have to be in a course to shoot on the range, they're real strict on safety due to many knucklehead leo's.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:36:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What he said!

While I'm a big fan of "Aim small, miss small", I'd still splurge for a little more dirt on that backstop.  It'll reduce the number of trees that get cut down...

I built it in the 80's when I was in to IPSC hot and heavy.  Erosion has dropped it down a couple of feet, but no need to fret, I've never put one over the berm.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking range.  Ever have the neighbors complain about noise?

The wife and I have been looking for land for a few months and plan to build a range before even thinking about building another house.  I'm worried that I'll buy some land and things will be cool for a bit.  Then someone will build near us and complain.  If that happens would I have to cease shooting on the property or can I tell other people "tough crap, deal with it?"

Oh yea, what time do you want me there tomorrow?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice looking range.  Ever have the neighbors complain about noise?

The wife and I have been looking for land for a few months and plan to build a range before even thinking about building another house.  I'm worried that I'll buy some land and things will be cool for a bit.  Then someone will build near us and complain.  If that happens would I have to cease shooting on the property or can I tell other people "tough crap, deal with it?"

Oh yea, what time do you want me there tomorrow?

This is actually on my rental property.  It's on six very rural Lamar County acres and my tenent will never complain.....  To the rear of the picture I'm going to clear some trees and make my rifle range.  All I can get is 80 yards then it drops to a creek.  I only live 1 mile from it so it's quick to get too, to try a load or to let off some steam.

Book, on the complaining about shooting...unless there is a specific county ordinance about noise and most counties do not have this, you shouldn't have a problem.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:43:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks.  Let me know if you need some help clearing land.  I love any excuse to be outdoors and if I can also help someone out, that makes it all the more better.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks.  Let me know if you need some help clearing land.  I love any excuse to be outdoors and if I can also help someone out, that makes it all the more better.

Thanks, I'll ket you know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me know I'll bring the subgun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me know I'll bring the subgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top