Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 3:14:46 PM EDT
I traded my Colt Defender in on a new Kimber Tactical Pro II .45!!

Night Sites, 7075-T7 aluminum frame, extended and beveled magazine well,
Extended ambidextrous thumb safety, Custom Shop’s Premium Aluminum Trigger,
bushingless match grade bull barrel and black/silver laminated logo grips.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I was wondering how long it would take you to see the light.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats awesome.

I want the Ultra version for a CCW.
I think I need a Pro model too. Perfect complements to my TLE/RL.

Enjoy it! Lemme know how she does at the range.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered one of those with my requal order but it hasn't come in yet. I might have to take it home when it gets here.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'm really excited!
I can't get to the range until Saturday, but I will be there when the range opens!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I ordered one of those with my requal order but it hasn't come in yet. I might have to take it home when it gets here.

I got this at Bernie's, they are having a sale. it was $825. Was that a fair price?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got this at Bernie's, they are having a sale. it was $825. Was that a fair price?

~ s0ulzer0

I could have sold you one for that but you'd have to come down here to pick it up. If they're advertising them for that, Kimber would not be happy. It's less than $50 over Master Dealer cost and actually about $20 less than regular dealer cost.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

~ s0ulzer0

I could have sold you one for that but you'd have to come down here to pick it up. If they're advertising them for that, Kimber would not be happy. It's less than $50 over Master Dealer cost and actually about $20 less than regular dealer cost.

Wow! I guess I did ok!
That's not an advertised price, it was regularly $895. This is their end of the year
"at cost" sale. They do that on all guns at the end of every year.

I saw the pro carry you got for bill, nice!
I shot it last Saturday, made me want a Kimber.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're going to carry it, disable the fp safety.  They've been known to fail.  When they fail the gun becomes a small blunt object.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you're going to carry it, disable the fp safety.  They've been known to fail.  When they fail the gun becomes a small blunt object.

Yeah and Glocks go boom .

Besides the legal liability if you ever have to use it to defend yourself and its found you disabled a "safety".

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 4:11:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I knew you would come to the light  If its anything like my new Pro Carry II, you will love it.  Mine has been flawless so far, except for the sights kinda being off (1" left @ 15 yards).  Course, yours looks much cooler than mine, with all of those neat-o features.  Mine dosen't even have front strap checking.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:09:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice looking pistol, Bradd - I mean s0ulzer0.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:35:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I knew you would come to the light  If its anything like my new Pro Carry II, you will love it.  Mine has been flawless so far, except for the sights kinda being off (1" left @ 15 yards).  Course, yours looks much cooler than mine, with all of those neat-o features.  Mine dosen't even have front strap checking.  

Ghost

Yeah, the Colt was giving me extraction problems and after shooting gilfrd's Kimber
last Saturday, I had to have a Kimber!

I'm taking it up to ACM tomorrow - I can't wait to shoot it! I'm at work today or I'd be there now.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#13]
That new external extractor is a hell of a deviation from the "original" design (although so is the beavertail, cool trigger, good sights, tight fit, etc, etc), but it works well.  I suspect it will keep working for somewhat longer than the internal extractor, and be more consistant on the extraction.  Kimbers are built well, but their factory mags kinda suck.  Chuck it and get some Wilson Combat 47D's.  It'll save you the hassle, as well as the possible gouging of the frame by the follower.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Kimbers are built well, but their factory mags kinda suck.  Chuck it and get some Wilson Combat 47D's.  It'll save you the hassle, as well as the possible gouging of the frame by the follower.  

Ghost

Already got'em.
I was sold on Wilson mags when I had my defender, it's frame was aluminum too.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Alrighty then.  You should be good to go.  Here's what I do when I bought my new Pro Carry II (cause I've been hearing all of those horror stories about the Series II safety and all that).  I stripped it down, wiped out all of the grease on the gun, and reassembled with just a dab of grease on the Series II plunger, and another small dab on the rails.  Then, (here's the key) rack the slide, taking care not to let it slam forward on an empty chamber; do it about 200 times, or until your fingers feel like its about to fall off .  It should be as smooth as silk then.  Have fun.  Get some bandaids for your finger

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Whats the story on Kimber mags with alloy frames? Just bought a Pro Tactical II. Should i not use the kimber mag or McCormick's?
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Whats the story on Kimber mags with alloy frames? Just bought a Pro Tactical II. Should i not use the kimber mag or McCormick's?

The metal follower, will gouge the aluminum if it rocks forward.
Wilson mag followers are round tip and polymer.
Also, they do not tilt, the follower is larger.
Better construction of the mag body too.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for the info Soulzer! Looks like i gotta make trip to Bernie's for some new Wilson mags. Was lloking for a good excuse to go see Maria!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Besides the legal liability if you ever have to use it to defend yourself and its found you disabled a "safety".

Since the 1911 has proven it's self reliable for close to 100 years prior to the addition of the fp safety. I'd take that chance thank you.  Better to have a 100% reliable gun than one with a fallible system added so Kimber can sell guns to Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Bought 2 Wilson mags from Bernie and ordered  Wilson followers to put in my McCormicks. Works perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top