Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2003 6:34:46 PM EDT
To all of those who like myself are proud caretakers of these well endowed rifles, I have a suggestion.  

I know how hard it is to find decent plinking ammo.  WE ALL DO.  Maybe sometime after X-mas and New Years we try to pool up some cash and do a bulk purchase of .303 to whomever can give us the most for the least.  

I really don't know that this has been done before in this caliber, just thought that I throw it out there.  

Thanks for your time

Buzz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#1]
the cheapest .303 i find is at the eastman shows.  sometimes its the guy with all the old ammo that's usually on the left wall.  he has a lot of south african, and sometimes some greek.  i also found a lady once that sold some old winchester .303 in 20 rd. boxes for really cheap.  and portuguese is pretty common, as is S&B.  i have a whole ammo can full of .303, i just can't find stripper clips anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have yet to make it to a Eastman show.  I have local source for the .303.  He "says" that he has alot of surplus british mil-spec in his "warehouse".  He is not to sure on how good of a deal he can make us it we can get up a good order.  

As for stripper clips.  Try of all places Ebay.  I know you can find the kidney you donated last week up for sale there. (just kidding)  I really haven't found strippers locally but I am looking, I know that wardog is looking for some (I think).  

Buzz
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
i got one and can't find ammo either (cheap that is)
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Buzz.I just got off work after an all nighter.7-7 .Im showered and going to drive up to the gunshow and do some looking for ammo..I found stripper  clips at Northridge.I think 2 for $1.I ordered 8ea of them.I havent gotten them yet.Ive been told they are very slow on delieverey.Like it take weeks to get an orderd. But as long as they get it to me it's cool I guess.Ordered a new sling, old sling, bayonet, and the clips.Well hope I don't get killed ( fallen asleep ) while makeing the 1 1/2 hour drive from Forsyth.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
cheap, inaccurate portuguese at Brocks in Decatur, mv
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:46:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw an Enfield Jungle Carbine for $250 is that a good deal?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't know anough about Enfields to answer that correctly. But Classic had about 10 Standard Savage's and Long branches that was in really bad shape and trying to sell them for $150.they was over priced for parts guns....I think they dropped there price to $130.From the little looking Ive been doing ,If in good shape for a surplus,( good Barrel ) ( matching parts/ bolt, reciever and magizine ) I would pay $250 for it.WD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top