Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 4:42:01 AM EDT
I remembered you were doing an experiment on your aimpoint batt., is it still going like that little energizer bunny or has it crapped out?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if he'll have access to the site for the next couple of days.  He was going out of town on business and won't be back until Thursday evening (I think).

Wait, didn't he sell the Aimpoint to Ghost-Shooter?  I'm thinking he did.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
ahhhh, that dang Bradd_D never holds on to anything!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet he'd hold on to $500 better than some around here...
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:28:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:04:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, if someone wants to buy me a replacement batter, I would be more than happy to continue the test on said Aimpoint.  I'll check it every week.  If Aimpoint's claims are correct, it should last over a year, so this may be a lengthy experiment.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
That's what I was thinking. 1 year seems like a LONG time for a battery to last. Last I heard he got up to 2 weeks with it and it was going strong.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I indeed had it on for a couple of weeks when Ghost-Shooter bought it.  It was still doing fine.  What prompted me to do it was a thread I read where a guy said he had left his on for like 7 months or something.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 5:13:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok, so who is going to pony up the dough to sponser me on the test?  C'mon guys, ya gonna make a poor grad student pay for a battery?  That's like 2 beers......or a weeks worth of PB&Js.  Actually, anyone know how much a 1/3N battery for the Aimpoint runs?  I guess I could drop by the Wallyworld to look, but I'm in the midst of finals (and I'm just lazy).  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ok, so who is going to pony up the dough to sponser me on the test?  C'mon guys, ya gonna make a poor grad student pay for a battery?  That's like 2 beers......or a weeks worth of PB&Js.  Actually, anyone know how much a 1/3N battery for the Aimpoint runs?  I guess I could drop by the Wallyworld to look, but I'm in the midst of finals (and I'm just lazy).  

Ghost

I don't know...never had to buy one.  

Seriously, I think they are about 3 or 4 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:46:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Try $8.40 at Midway.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#11]
less than 5 bucks at your local radioshack
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top