Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 1:32:53 PM EDT
on bootleg VCD...pretty decent quality too. I am just making sure it works in my DVD player. Gonna watch it tonite. WOOHOO!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I am sending P806 and GAcop to your house.  You are going to the pokey.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the hokey pokey!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I bet you do...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:17:07 AM EDT
[#4]
What program do you use to convert the mepgs or wmv's over to VCD I have lots of vids I'd like to burn to VCD so I can dump them off the HD.  (not really worried about space though 2 80 GB's in Raid Striping Array, 75.2 GB free)
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:41:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I got this copy from a buddy at work. I have played around with making VCD's and a very good resource is vcdhelp.com. Check it out.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What program do you use to convert the mepgs or wmv's over to VCD I have lots of vids I'd like to burn to VCD so I can dump them off the HD.  (not really worried about space though 2 80 GB's in Raid Striping Array, 75.2 GB free)

You talking about RAID5?  You must have a minimum of three disks for RAID5.  Sounds more like RAID1 (mirroring).
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You talking about RAID5?  You must have a minimum of three disks for RAID5.  Sounds more like RAID1 (mirroring).

Yeah, riiiiight, mr. tech-no-wiener!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Striped array is RAID 0.  It's technically not even RAID, since there is no redundancy.  RAID 0 needs a minimum of 2 disks.

RAID 1 is mirroring, as Bookhound suggested.  RAID 1 requires 2 drives, and wastes space besides being obscenely slow.

RAID 5, again as suggested by Bookhound, requires 3 drives minimum.  RAID 5 is striping with parity.

Both RAID 0 and RAID 1 are commonly used with cheaper IDE drives.  Why anyone uses RAID 1 is beyond me.  Personally, I like RAID 50.

In closing, Bookhound is a moron.  Turn in your geek credentials at the door, please, and prepare to be ridiculed by the other geek brethren.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
So this is what the computers in the Matrix use? WTF?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm really a much better software architect.  No, really.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Riiiiiiiight.  All your overtime and worked weekends, people think you are dedicated.  Now we know it's because you are incompetent.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Riiiiiiiight.  All your overtime and worked weekends, people think you are dedicated.  Now we know it's because you are incompetent.  

It is called JOB SECURITY!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top