Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 5:23:00 AM EDT
i don't bowl so i don't know.  do the local bowling alleys discard the old one after a period of use?
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:39:20 AM EDT
[#1]
They are FREE!  but you must catch them when they are getting rid of them.  Many bowling alleys donate them to the police.  But they change them out about 1 time a year.  Tucker lanes has many left.  They are not in the best of shape but they are good to shoot at.  Just do not leave them in your car.  Or you will pay the price.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I' hear tell it'll make yo' car smell like monky asses.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I' hear tell it'll make yo' car smell like monky asses.

That's a bad thing....right?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info Vedubin01.  I was about to ask that question myself.  I'll check with the bowling alley near me and if they don't have any, then I'll give the one in Tucker a try.  Hell, I just remembered I'll be headed past Mtn Industrial tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have time to swing by then.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I just checked in on my local alley here in Newnan.  They told me that they change/refurbish theirs about every TWO years.  Plus I have to put my name on a list to get the little white suckers.  

I'll be trying to make some calls to other lanes down here in my neck (and no its not RED, I'm a hillbilly damint) of the woods.  

Will try to keep up.

buzz.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll give you a little hint I learned today.  Don't be honest about what you are going to use them for, if they ask why you want them.  I would of had some already if I had lied.  I might  be able to get my hands on ten of them from another place.  They are going to call and leave a message tomorrow, then I can pick them up next week when I get back in town.  I didn't have time to go by the one in Tucker today, but I'll go by there next week if this deal falls through.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:05:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I get mine for free from a local alley.  They don't even ask me what I'm using them for.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#9]
dang it!   all of you are from metro atlanta except me, so that means i can hit all of the lanes in the south.
so what do you tell them IF they ask?   you need them for a church group or something?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Church Group will do.  The place I talked to never called me back so I ended up just going to Tucker and picking up ten.  The only person that asked me what I wanted them for was the guy in the back.  He just said, "you want them to shoot or something" and I said yep.  They were much nicer at the Bowling Alley in Tucker and don't seem to be caught up in the P.C. crap like the other bowling alleys I went to.  They only have around 50 pins left.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#11]
wow that is good there was over 500 when I left there.  And I took over 180 of them
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
They may have more than that then.  I was just going by the small pile of bowling pins that I saw.  Maybe they have more out of sight, but the guy at the front seemed to think that they had gotten rid of most of them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#13]
never shot in a bowling pin match.  what are the rules?
 basically knock them off the table in the shortest time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top