Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2003 3:32:57 AM EDT
I seem to recall a Manufacturer Comparison Chart in one of the forums.  It showed how the receivers were made, and what coatings were used by BM, RR, Colt, Armalite, etc.

I searched via arfcom and google, no success.  Anybody know where this went?

My question is, does RockRiver forge and coat all their recievers the same as Bushmaster?  Hopefully they're over the 'out of spec rail' phase...
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:56:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm getting a red X this morning for the chart.  Several avatars aren't working for people either.  So, maybe there is a photo server problem.  Can you see the chart?

zzxx99, it's my understand RRA fixed the out-of-spec rail issue long ago.  My RRA upper is in spec and today I should be getting my Varminter.  So, I'll know very soon if that one is okay.  If it's not, I'll be driving to IL to personally return the upper.  

It's also my understanding that the RRA uppers and lowers are all forged.  However, they do NOT coat the inside of their uppers like Bushy does.  In fact, I think ONLY Bushmaster does this.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, chainshaw!  Dunno why search didn't find it.

However, all I get is the Red X Doh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top