Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 9:41:57 AM EDT
Every Christmas, Birthday, etc. I get to choose what I want from my wife. This year I decided on a stainless Marlin .17HMR 7 shot bolt action. We went up to Ellijay for some apples yesterday and on the way back stopped at the Bargain Barn. The wife went on and bought the rifle for me . I only get to play with the bullets til Christmas. I don't know much about scopes. What is a good moderatly priced scope in silver to match. I'm not exactly a fashion slave, black may be OK. This is a $300 rifle so I don't want to put a $2000 Zeiss on it. Has no iron sights.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 would fit well on that rifle.  Its light weight and has great clarity.  I just set up a light weight deer gun in an Encore .260 with that same scope, love it so far.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been looking at the Nikon. $209 best found price. You can spend a lot on a scope some of the Mfgs do not start til $500-$600. ouch. Bushnell's $160 for 3x9-40. Seen some bigass russian varmint scopes for $80, black.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I can sell you a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 for $189 plus tax if you want to go that route. You'll have to come to Newnan though.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Nikon 4-12x40 for one of my ARs.  I compared the glass to a few Leupolds (I've always been a Leupold guy) and was very impressed.  I actually thought the glass on the Nikon looks a lot more clear.  Light gathering was great.  A Nikon in a lower power scope I think would serve you well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Nikon looks like the way to go, Gacop I'll track you down when it's time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top