Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2003 2:57:04 AM EDT
SDave is interested in doing another carbine class on the 1st of 2nd weekend in Dec. Atlanta.

The same deal as before. Is anyone interested?

Mike
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 3:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
First or second weekend of what month?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
need more info than that for people that do not know every detail!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#3]
OF THE YEAR! sheesh.

I really don't know, just being a smartass.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]

For those of you not familar with SDave's classes. He was the long time instructor ate the JFK Special Warfare School at Ft. Bragg
Sdave has had 4 sell out carbine classes this year at Soputh River.

Tactical Rifle Clinic II
I am hosting a Tactical Rifle Clinic to be held on at the South River Gun Club.

Instructor "Super" Dave Harrington
Date Dec. 6-7 2003
Cost $250 + $25 range fee
Ammo 1,000 rounds of ball
Magazine Minimum of 3 30 round
Sling Weapon muzzle down type

Rifles are to be sighted in before the class
Iron or optic sights
Distances CQB-300 yards.
The class size will be limited there are currently 5 openings still available.
A deposit of $100 is required at time of registration.
Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks
Mike

Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]
This is a great class.  I took it in April of this year.  Dave focused on shooting while moving, shooting from behind barriers/cover, clearing jams, shooting from various positions (e.g. the SBU prone position, kneeling, etc.), engaging multiple targets while moving, primary to secondary weapon transitioning and a lot more.

He will make your equipment work for you.  However, it's nice to have kneepads for some of the drills.  Make sure you have a hydration system on you.  I just used USGI canteens, but some others used Camelbacks.

A LULA is a great piece of equipment.  You WILL be loading mags in the field.  

A place to drop empty mags is very helpful.  I wore BDUs and just dropped my empties in the cargo pockets.  If you're wearing jeans, get some type of fanny pack for your empties.

Wear good boots and bring extra socks.  You're feet will thank you.

Bring a field cleaning kit and some CLP.  Maintain your weapon, use good magazines and good ammo.

Put your gear together and wear it BEFORE the class.  I used a Blackhawk vest and some extra pouches and canteens.  For several weeks before the class I put on all my gear from head to toe (including my rifle) and did aerobics videos.  My wife got a big kick out of it and still laughs when she thinks about it.  .  However, doing something like this will help you decide how best to balance and secure your gear.  You don't want to get to class and have all your gear flopping around or have things inaccessible.  

Dave will find everyone's individual strengths and weaknesses.  He will put you in situations to make you think for yourself.    

Unfortunately, I can not attend this class.  If Dave has another class in February or March (Mike - hint, hint  ), I'll be there for sure.  

If anyone has any questions about this class, please asks.  Several of us here attended the one in April.  I strongly recommend the class.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
However, it's nice to have kneepads for some of the drills.

What kind of class is this again?  
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 6:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see you ask Super Dave that question.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top