Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2003 5:01:36 PM EDT
Dropping by today, it looks like a few more folks are selling off pre-bans. I counted three of them , there may have been more-
.223 AK underfolder
EA AR-15 w/A1 rear sight, A2 handguards and FS
... and some collapsing stock HK in .223 (HK-91??? I'm not familiar with the products). The one was really nice- looked to be in excellent condition.
Anybody else seeing interesting stuff show up in shops? Prices still seem to be high, but the selection is getting better.
The guy behind the counter said that sales of guns were good, especially handguns.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:16:31 AM EDT
[#1]
HK-93
What pawn shop are you going to?
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the HK clarification-
It's Forsyth County Pawn in Cumming.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The ones down here in Albany never have anything close to that good. Do you remember the price on the AR and the HK?
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Price on the AR is $1200 (asking price, I didn't ask about a cash discout).It's for-sure Pre-Ban.
In a different shop, I saw another "Pre-Ban" that was listed at $1200. The guy behind the counter said that he'd take $900 for it before I even asked the price. It's an A2 setup with scope and carry handle mount. Looking at the lower rcvr., it looks too new to be 10 years old to me. The rest of the parts, maybe...
Let's just say that I'm suspicious of its legality. If it's a REAL Pre-Ban, it's a heck of a deal. The guy behind the counter is a genuinely honest and cheerful-seeming sort. I don't think that he'd INTENTIONALLY mislead someone...
On the HK, I didn't even ask the price. Considering that it was something I'd only seen in pictures, looked like it just came out the case, and was obviously Pre-Ban, I knew that the price would only make me sad.
So sad.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:52:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Check on that 93 price if your back in there soon.  
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#6]
If anybody finds a preban M1A for less than a grand let me know where it is.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
ATLGA:
Gave them a call at lunch. Here's a transcript:
Hobbit:"I was in the other day and saw that you had an HK on the wall. Do you know the price on that?"
Dude:"I believe it's three grand."

...I hung up the phone and was sad.

Is that an appropriate price? If anyone wants it, I'll grab it for you. My finders fee will be the pre-ban AR lower of your choice, or a supressed .300 Whisper Encore barrel. ;)
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#8]
oh well juuuuust 3grand. sheeesh I spent 40grand on my last minigun for my jeep

oh man im such a liar, and im bored at work...does this count as post whoring??

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That is sad.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 12:41:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I did better at my local pawn shop I picked up a bushy lowered dpms varmit 24in upper ar that looks new for $625 out the door :)
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW!  That's an awesome deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top