Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2003 4:04:21 AM EDT
Let me see if I can do this right.

The wife and I rafted the entire Gauley River this weekend. We did the Middle/Lower on Saturday and the teeth jarring Class V Upper Gauley on Sunday. This place kicks ass!

Link Posted: 10/14/2003 4:22:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You know, if you walked away without any broken bones or mangled limbs, it wasn't a REAL Class V...
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:08:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that you bouncing off the rock?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You know, if you walked away without any broken bones or mangled limbs, it wasn't a REAL Class V...

The doctor informed me yesterday that my knee was not torn or fractured, just the worst case of tendenitus that he has ever seen. I will try harder the next time, okay?

Yes, that is our raft bouncing off of the rock. The goal at this particular rapid is to bounce off of that rock in order to miss the more dangerous rocks that you can not see in the picture.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I love the gauley.

The fall draw down is the best time. I've only missed a few seasons in 10 years. I missed this year due to clean up from the hurricane.

I am glad someone had a good time.

edited to add :

Who were the outfitters ?
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The Rivermen www.rivermen.com

I have been rafting with these guys for 13 years. They are the best at what they do. If you go, request Tom Dorr as your guide. This guy is by far one of the best guides I have ever rafted with and I continue to ask for him every time that we make reservations.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.songerwhitewater.com/

I use this outfitters when I go with guys who need NO HAND HOLDING and want a wild ride.

I use this outfitter when there are women with us or first timers. They are the known up there as the best even by the other outfits. They can give you a safe ride like no one else.

http://www.800classvi.com

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top