Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2003 3:02:50 AM EDT
Coming home from work yesterday, I got impatient with the horrific traffic on 141 nearing 400. There's a little side road that helps avoid a portion of the quagmire, so I get into the turn lane and head for the shortcut.
I'm on the shortcut bumping along when I see a Sherrif's car behind me. He pulls me over and asks for my licence and insurance. A couple of weeks ago, I saw a thread here on CCW's and traffic stops, so I handed my CCW to him at the same time.
Officer: "Okay. Where's it at?"
Hobbit: "Right here."
O: "That's fine."
H: "My understanding is that you guys like to know about those [pointing to my CCW] up front."
O: "Yeah. We like to know. Since there is a weapon in the car, can I ask you to stand outside the vehicle while I run all this in the computer?"
H:"Sure."
As it turns out, I had pulled into the turn lane way, way, way, earlier than was legal to do so.
So I'm standing beside the road dressed for work, hoping I see nobody I know, when I see an Elder from my Church drive by. He also works at the same company as my wife. I give a sheepish wave and hope I don't wind up on a prayer list. I thought he had passed by, but he came back to see if I needed any help (!!!)- I explained the situation to him, and I'm still standing there talking to him at the truck (H:"See you Sunday.") when the Sheriff steps out of his vehicle. He gives me a warning ticket for improper passing, hands me my info back, and is on his way.
I can't help but think that the situation would have been more tense if he had seen the weapon in my car or found out about the CCW on his own. In this case, I think it turned out well.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:40:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:46:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Did I forget to mention that BookHound is an Elder?

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Hobbit sorry to hear about that.  Crystal and I have a quick question, we're fostering our first, well three pups till tonight.  What's the yougest that you would consider spaying?  We have to get her spayed and up to date before the perminant adopting mother/father takes her.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm...
Usually, I spay them at about 6 months. I've gone as low as 4.5-5 months on large breed dogs.
There is, however, a veterinarian in the area (her name is Tracy Land, I think her practice is called "Pet Vet") who does a lot of humane society/animal welfare work. As you probably know, there is a huge push for prepubertal spaying/neutering in those circles- essentially, the humane societies advocate it so that there are less animals that return to them as strays.
If I am not mistaken, Dr. Land deals with some very early gonadectomies, if that's what you need.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If I am not mistaken, Dr. Land deals with some very early gonadectomies, if that's what you need.
-Hobbit

Yep, that's what he needs!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
There's quite a few gonads hanging around Arfcom these days...can we get rid of them, too?  
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
[butt-head] heeh heeh heeh, he said gonad.[/butt-head]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top