Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2003 8:52:09 PM EDT
Basically I'm wondering if any of y'all know which area of Charlie Elliot most people hunt.  I found 3 areas that I like, but since I have never hunted there I have no idea which area most people go.  I know there are 6,400 acres, but based on my past experience on other WMA's most of the people hunt certain areas, and I hunt the areas away from them.    I put Clybel as my third choice because I thought if it came down to Clybel then I would get a rejection notice since it said I only had a 14% chance of being picked for the Nov. 19-22 hunt.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also I was wondering how many of you are members of South River Gun Club.  I am a member, but rarely see anyone there with an AR.  I just got my first one the other day, but can't shoot it yet for lack of ammo and magazines.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I can't answer your question as I only go to CE to hunt paper targets, but welcome to the Georgia forum!  Keep your eyes peeled for our semi-frequent get togethers...you're more than welcome to join us.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Ditto what Bradd said.  I hunt private land and the only WMA I've hunted is Wilson Shoals.  I took a CQB class at South River last April.  There were lots of ARs there that weekend.  

Welcome.  Come join us sometime.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:20:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the invite.  I will have to join y'all once I get some ammo.   I have some magazines on order now, but can't decide on ammo.   Hmmm, maybe I'll get some Wolf ammo, just kidding.

BookHound,
Yep, I hunt private land too, but send in for one of the WMA quota hunts every year.  This year took me by surprise because I expected that if I was selected without a rejection notice, it would be for one of the two weekends at Rum Creek, which I've hunted at several times before.   Looking at the map of Clybel, I have a feeling that most people will be off of Hwy 11 or Shepherd Road, so the spots I scouted hopefully will be free from others.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top