Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2003 11:45:14 AM EDT

At the Cobb Co Civic Center as usual. This is one of my favorite shows and I always find something good there. Don't know which day I'll get there but will definitely make it.

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going Sunday.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I will definitely be there this weekend, dunno Sat or Sun, though.  

Ghost

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta work Saturday...gonna hit the show Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Selling something?

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Selling something?

~ s0ulzer0

Click the GA filtered EE link and find out...
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm going Sunday.

~ s0ulzer0

You and Drane planning on going?  Lemme know, I need to be on the lookout for a pistol for Donna.  We may be moving to a slightly less desirable neighborhood.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I might go for the hell of it. I'm broke.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Gotta miss this one.  Hey, s0ulzer0, you still up for spliting a case of Q3131A?  I can pick it up if you want.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Gotta miss this one.  Hey, s0ulzer0, you still up for spliting a case of Q3131A?  I can pick it up if you want.

It'll have to wait, I just put a Sig Sauer P228 on layaway up at Bernies!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Just got back from the Cobb show and I was not that impressed.  There were several people selling stuff for the Ar-15 but nothing to rush and buy.  I saw only one person selling a FAL and only one of them  and there were no .50 BMG's there.  Whats a gunshow without cool shit you do not see every day.  But you sure can find a great Buck rifle.  

I do have to say there was a guy there from TN that makes custom knifes and that was cool to see his handy work.  Real nice knifes but they do come with a price!

Just FYI
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I also just got back from the show today.  NOT IMPRESSED.  Lots of crap for steep prices.  Nothing of real substance.  I was looking for a 7 pocket bandolier, 3 .50cal ammo cans for cheap (project coming), AR mag floorplates, ARMS #40, possibly Aimpoint & mounts if I can find one reasonable price, and side sling ring to fit on FIRSH.  All I got was ONE bandolier and one mag charger.  There was only one guy selling ammo cans, and they were $6!  I coulda sworn they were like $4 or $5 earlier in the year.  No floor plates, no ARMS #40 (one dude I asked said that they were too 'expensive', though he had a GG&G BUIS for sale for $129), and only one guy selling Aimpoints ($350 for the ML2 and $125 for the #22m68 mount).  Uhh, no thanks.  Tally: I spent $7 to get in, $1 for the bando, and $1 for the spoon, thus: the bando and the spoon costs me $4.50 each.  Bad deal.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh dear; was going to go tomorrow, to try and find some decently priced AK mags (like $10 apiece or less) because all of mine were stolen last month from the do it yourself warehouse I had them in, from when we moved. Since it's a 100+ mile round trip for me, Don't know if I'll take the time now.

Well, if any of you guys spot a 6 footer,30# overweight, with a full white beard, wearing a tan field hat with funny scribbling on the front brim (Hebrew letters for IDF) that's me.  Come over and say hey
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well there were a lot of stuff for the AK.  I saw a guy that was selling AK 30 rounders for $8 and they looked to be in mint shape.  Downstairs to the left as you walk in.  Several people selling AR suff but nothing of value or worth what they were asking for them.  You can go to a local gun store to find what they had there for the AR.  Met a cop from I think Rome or Macon I know to different places but he was making custom Gun slings.  Tactical slings for a good price and made very well.  (Upstairs in back)real nice guy and wife was cute also.  Sorry had to say that.  
    Like I said though if your in the mood for AK stuff ID go.  But for anything else or things you do not see all the time stay home and save the $7.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Any deals on .223 ammo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I was not looking for ammo at the time.  Ive found the net sells the q3131a for $84 for 500 rounds.  About the best ive seen
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I wasnt impressed either, I didnt find anything I needed but a new bad ass sling and two gas tube roll pins.  I should have made the wife stay at home she spent more than I did.  I made up for it and went to the army surplus store and spent some bucks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#17]
That sling that you got was that one of the ones that officer makes that was up on the top floor towards the back?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#18]
thats the one, I got the one that hooks to my chest riga nd it works pretty well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Ghost, how many mag floor plates you need?  I've got a few you can have for free.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Just got back.
The show was it's usual tiny Cobb Eastman's.
I did get some deals tho!

5 NIW USGI 30 rounders for $20 each (5 for 100).
Also got a nice factory Sig 226 15 rounder for $40.

Not too shabby for the accessories today.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Actually, I don't *need* any, I just wanted to replace the floorplate on one of my "tactical combat failure drill magazines".  I'm just anal.  But now that I look at it, I figure, eh, F' it.  Duck tape will do just fine, thank you.  

Thanks anyways.  

BTW, anyone know where I can get some 7 pouch bandoliers?  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Next time we all get together I'll bring a floor plate or two for ya.  Regarding bandoleers, I only buy mine from Wu.

Wu's Surplus

Wu is THE bandoleer/stripper clip man.  Many on this board agree.  You can't order direct from his website.  Just send him an e-mail and give him a day or two to respond.  He's a nice as hell guy with excellent stuff at excellent prices.  I highly recommend buying some bandoleer kits (which include stripper clips, cardboards and spoon) and store a little ammo for a rainy day.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#23]
s0ulzer0, good buys on the mags.  Lucky bastard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top