Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2003 7:23:20 PM EDT
Finally (after 5 months) got my new RRA 24" stainless steel barrel varminter.  I LOVE IT!!!  If you want to see the pictures, they are here:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=171112

It is a great rifle.  Now I just have to get good enough to use the full potential of the rifle!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
SCHWEET!
Nice rifle and excellent groups.
And a welcome to the hometown board.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
5 months!?!  I don't even want to be around when Mark reads this!

Nice rifle, BTW!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
5 months!?!  I don't even want to be around when Mark reads this!

Nice rifle, BTW!

Yep, I forsee some tongue lashing from Mark.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell, in 5 months time, Bradd_D would have sold it and bought another one!

I couldn't help myself.

Welcome RodeoFan, hope to see you and that Varminter at the range sometime.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 3:43:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Man, that is one SWEET rifle.  5 months?  Crap.  I'm still waiting patiently for mine.  I was hoping it would be here by early October.

What kind of glass and mounts are you using?

I took the advice of a friend and bought a Harris S-BRM bipod.  I built my own lower from a stripped RRA and used a RRA parts kit.  I also threw a Jewell trigger in it.  I like the Jewell, but understand the RRA trigger is real nice too.  Bradd and I just put one in his AR and I was very impressed.

Oh, one more thing.  What kind of ammo were you using?  Nice groups, BTW.

Come out shooting with us sometime.

Welcome to the Hometown board.

Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the welcome.

Bookhound - the scope is a Simmons AETEC 3-10x (I don't know the size of the objective lens because it's not my scope).  I don't know what rings are used (also not mine) but I would guess Leupold because that seems to be what DaveS likes (it's his stuff).  The rings are attached to a GGG Scout Rail (also not mine!) so that (a) proper scope height above the bore is achieved with medium height rings and (b) the rail on the rifle is protected.  When we were shooting for groups, I used Georgia Arms 55 gr ballistic tip (factory loaded), 3200 fps.  It seems like good stuff and it was $15 for a box of 50.  For just "goofing around" ammo, I have a 1,000 round can of Georgia Arms 55 gr FMJ reloads (I think it was $130 to $140).  We also shot some Black Hills 73 gr BTHP.

So, how long have you been waiting on your rifle (and what rifle is it)?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a 20" Varmint upper with the flattop (not with the riser).

It was ordered on 8/20/03 and I was the told it might be up to 45 business days.  I'm hoping it won't be quite that long.  I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:34:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I ordered a 20" Varmint upper with the flattop (not with the riser).

It was ordered on 8/20/03 and I was the told it might be up to 45 business days.  I'm hoping it won't be quite that long.  I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

45 days sounds about right.  After my order was finally placed correctly, it took 6 weeks and a couple days to arrive.  And it WAS worth the wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top