Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2003 5:55:08 AM EDT
Ive been looking online and it seems that alot of the online folks sell lowers much cheaper than dealers around Atl. Has anyone seen any good LOCAL low prices for stripped lowers ( $85 for RRA ). Id like to build a LightweightAR.      
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Try
HIT & RUN  
City: NORCROSS    State: GA    Zip: 30093  
Phone #: (770)908-2425

They are local and MUCH better than Gun Depot. Hit and Run is where I got my AR, nice folks if you can get past the owners gruff looks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty gruff lookin ya say? Ill check them out this weekend. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:38:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey do they have a website??
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I initially went there to get his FFL to ship a rifle from kyarms.com, he asked why I'm buying it from them and I told him that they were the cheapest place I could find.

After showing him what I was going to pay he simply said wouldnt you rather have it today? Of course I would! He immediately matched their price and I bought it from him.

btw, www.kyarms.com is cheap too! Good ammo to have when going into Hit and Run, beats waiting and paying FFL fees
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey do they have a website??

I don't think so, pretty low budget place. You'll see when you get there, all the AR parts are on the wall to the left when you go in.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I know where you can get a new complete, standard RRA lower for $214 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
How's the "service" at Hit & Run?  Are they relatively friendly, or do they grumble every time you touch something or ask a question?

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Here is their info:

GUN SHOP
4771 BRITT RD STE E-5
NORCROSS , GA 30093
TOLL FREE
1-888-207-2220

This is the guy who sold me a RRA stripped lower for $115.  Bradd got his for even less.  He's at most local gun shows.

BTW, if you go to his store, you WILL come out smelling like a cigarette.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I got my RRA lower from him at the gunshow for $99.  

You will hear banjos in the background upon entering the store.

BTW, Quantico is selling Eagle Arms lowers for $85.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 2:53:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here is their info:

GUN SHOP
4771 BRITT RD STE E-5
NORCROSS , GA 30093
TOLL FREE
1-888-207-2220

This is the guy who sold me a RRA stripped lower for $115.  Bradd got his for even less.  He's at most local gun shows.

BTW, if you go to his store, you WILL come out smelling like a cigarette.

Heck, I smell like a cigarette when I walk in .

Seriously, I've been to the place when I was living in Norcross, and yes, I guess his prices are pretty good.  Somehow though, I just didn't get a good feeling about the guy, so I didn't spend any money there.

Just my wierdness, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:10:58 AM EDT
[#11]
That is the way I was when I first went to his store. As soon as you talk to them, they are ok. Standoffish is the way they act at first but when they see you are serious about buying something as opposed to fingering his guns, they open up.

My guess is they get LOTS of people come in just 'looking'.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:30:37 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I got my RRA lower from him at the gunshow for $99.  

BTW, Quantico is selling Eagle Arms lowers for $85.

Ask Bookhound, the Eagle Arms lowers are sweet. Very nice fit and finish.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I want another AR. but dont wanna pay 750 for one. TC has offered to let me use some of his tools. Maybe a couple of us can have a build day and create a few more ARs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I would like to get an $85 dollar lower but the mail and FFL transfer would push that price back up pretty quickly. Ive seen some RRAs for 85 on EE but that price goes back up just getting here to ATL
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:26:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey if you haven't found one yet give Tommy Haskins a call or email.He's the owner of GPSS.He's located in Forsyth , Ga and right on the interstate 75. .If you live in south Atlanta its only a hour drive at the most.He has all Parts (RRA).A super nice guy to deal with. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:42:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Naw, that was Mariachi Music from all the Mexicans in the parking lot!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:46:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, the Eagle Arms lowers are very nice in deed.  Plus, mine is registered to chainshaw.  

ATLGA, I'd just pick one up at GPSS, Hit 'N Run (aka The Gun Shop) or a gun show.  Price will be $99 - $115 plus tax for a RRA or EA lower.  This way you won't have to hassle with the transfer and you can check out the lower before buying.

I've built three lowers now and absolutely love doing it.  Let me know if you want some help.  Hell, I'm up for building another one for myself.  I'll probably pick up another RRA lower from The Gun Shop at the next gun show.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I went to "The Gun Shop" today, and got to wondering if it was "Hit & Run" and when I looked it up, lo and behold, it was.  That place was pretty gruff, and their prices were not great, either.  They wanted to charge me $110 for a stripped, RRA lower.  It seems like the owner is not there or something, because the three guys that worked there couldn't figure out what was on sale, where stuff was, what their normal price was.  It was weird.  And one of the guys there was chain smoking cigarettes at the desk, so it stank bigtime.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Well, I went to "The Gun Shop" today, and got to wondering if it was "Hit & Run" and when I looked it up, lo and behold, it was.  That place was pretty gruff, and their prices were not great, either.  They wanted to charge me $110 for a stripped, RRA lower.  It seems like the owner is not there or something, because the three guys that worked there couldn't figure out what was on sale, where stuff was, what their normal price was.  It was weird.  And one of the guys there was chain smoking cigarettes at the desk, so it stank bigtime.  

Ghost

The chainsmoker with the beard was THE OWNER!

The best way to get the deals from them is to win the bid for the item on gunbroker.com and
then go pick it up at the store.
They go by ton80 on gunbroker.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually, there were two smokers there.  What is the owner's name?  But neither really knew what I was looking for, they kept having to look it up on the computer or in their catalog.  You think they will price match the deal on eaglefirearms.com?  

On a different note, since I was in the area, I decided to drop by Bernie's Sports Center in Lilburn to see if they had any good stuff.  They had no cheap ammo; they wanted $4.99 for ONE box of Federal XM193.  Also, I asked about a stripped lower, and they quoted me a price of $189 for a stripped Bushie.  I said: no thanks and then asked for the price of a RRA, to which they called their distributer and quoted me a price of $145.  Uh, right.  Then I asked how much to transfer from www.eaglefirearms.com and they said that they usually only like to deal with "reputable dealers".  I though eaglefirearms.com is held in high esteem around here.  Oh, yeah, I also have to mention the one guy there that bought an AR (Bushie modular carbine for $1275, no less), a lever action, a DSA FAL, two rifles in boxes (dunno what), and some accessories.  Very strange that a person would buy 4 or 5 guns at the same time.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Actually, there were two smokers there.  What is the owner's name?  But neither really knew what I was looking for, they kept having to look it up on the computer or in their catalog.  You think they will price match the deal on eaglefirearms.com?  

On a different note, since I was in the area, I decided to drop by Bernie's Sports Center in Lilburn to see if they had any good stuff.  They had no cheap ammo; they wanted $4.99 for ONE box of Federal XM193.  Also, I asked about a stripped lower, and they quoted me a price of $189 for a stripped Bushie.  I said: no thanks and then asked for the price of a RRA, to which they called their distributer and quoted me a price of $145.  Uh, right.  Then I asked how much to transfer from www.eaglefirearms.com and they said that they usually only like to deal with "reputable dealers".  I though eaglefirearms.com is held in high esteem around here.  Oh, yeah, I also have to mention the one guy there that bought an AR (Bushie modular carbine for $1275, no less), a lever action, a DSA FAL, two rifles in boxes (dunno what), and some accessories.  Very strange that a person would buy 4 or 5 guns at the same time.  

Ghost

That sucks about your Bernie's experience. I shop there regularly because I live 1 min up the street from them.
You can get good deals if you ask for them, as long as it isn't the owner. Bernie doesn't deal much.
His daughter and one of the other guys gives me discounts all the time.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, the kicker is that Bernie's daughter, Maria, gave me the quote for the $189 Bushie lower.  I was almost ready to buy today, just because I had the urge, and would have if they offered one for $110.  I still like going to Bernie's, they have good stuff and great people; I don't mind paying more for customer service (hence willing to pay more at Bernie's than at Hit & Run for the same thing; Bernie's just has better service and more knowledgable staff).  Oh well.  Gonna wait for Tommy at GPSS to reply to my email and see what he can do.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Find a pawn shop to do the transfer and get an $89 Eagle Arms lower from Quantico.  Call them; maybe they have a local FFL on file.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Find a pawn shop to do the transfer and get an $89 Eagle Arms lower from Quantico.  Call them; maybe they have a local FFL on file.

Mr.Pawn off 29/Beaver Ruin is good for xfrs.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mr.Pawn off 29/Beaver Ruin is good for xfrs.

~ s0ulzer0

Seconded.  Bought my Swede M96 there and had my Mosin Nagant transferred through them.  Great guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Jeeeeze, not one descriptive sentence about Maria.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Dude, maria's a girl, she has a gun, she likes guns, what more do you need?

Ghost
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:44:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I saw you talking about a smoker at a gun shop and thought that you were talking about bernies. Maria does smoooooooooke!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top