Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 8:18:28 AM EDT
Hey fellas Im thinking about leaving my job here at the Hospital. I wanna do this so I can go to school full time.  Just wondering if anyone has any connections or has some part time work available. Im going to see if my company has any part time stuff tomorrow afternoon. If I could could bring in a few hundred per week I could still pay the basic bills. Any ideas? [:\]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Currently im doing network admin/tech support/counselor --Ive got MCSE 4.0, MCP, MCP+I, and CHDP
 I am tired of computers--Im really good at convincing others of their need to purchase things...soo maby I should try some sales??

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm also looking at changing career's. I'm sick to death of the automotive job. Want to move into fire/ems stuff. So I'd say if you really want to change do it. You're the master of your own life and if you're not happy doing what you do then change it.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah guys I'm burned out too.I run my own automotive machine shop by myself and I'm tired after 20 years of this grind.I just keep daydreaming about semi-retirement near the Gulf Coast and maybe something gun related.Maybe in about five to ten more years I can retire and do what I want(fish,shoot,tinker with guns,fish,shoot,tinker with cars,rest,repeat).

Andy,which end of the auotmotive biz are you in?
Robert.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah guys I'm burned out too.I run my own automotive machine shop by myself and I'm tired after 20 years of this grind.I just keep daydreaming about semi-retirement near the Gulf Coast and maybe something gun related.Maybe in about five to ten more years I can retire and do what I want(fish,shoot,tinker with guns,fish,shoot,tinker with cars,rest,repeat).

Andy,which end of the auotmotive biz are you in?
Robert.

Robert:
I'm a counterman at Troncalli Nissan. Really burned out in that field. Looking to swith jobs and get into Firefighting and Arson Investigation. Always wanted to be a fireman, so no better time than now. What machineshop you work at? Do you know Lamar Walden maybe?

Take care,
Andy
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Andy,
 The parts counter probably does s80k.I work for myself,Hendrix Auto Machine (the slowest machine shop in the free world!)
 The name Lamar Walden sounds familar to me but I can't place it.My dad may know him as he's been in the automotive biz all his life (including a stint in the army motor pool and as a driver for some higher officer).Doesn't LW sell Ford parts?that's what comes to mind.
 I hope the Fire Dept thing works out.If not and you're young enough,go for the Navy thing.Trust me 4 years ain't that long (especially after you turn 40,the years disapear so fast!)if you decide you don't like it and it will give you time to think of something else.
Robert.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Andy,
 The parts counter probably does s80k.I work for myself,Hendrix Auto Machine (the slowest machine shop in the free world!)
 The name Lamar Walden sounds familar to me but I can't place it.My dad may know him as he's been in the automotive biz all his life (including a stint in the army motor pool and as a driver for some higher officer).Doesn't LW sell Ford parts?that's what comes to mind.
 I hope the Fire Dept thing works out.If not and you're young enough,go for the Navy thing.Trust me 4 years ain't that long (especially after you turn 40,the years disapear so fast!)if you decide you don't like it and it will give you time to think of something else.
Robert.

Robert:

Lamar Walden has a machine shop in Doraville and build high performance engine. His shop is called Lamar Walden Automotive. If the fire career bombs out then I'll go either in the Army for firefighting, or the Navy for computers.

Take care,
Andy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top