Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 1:14:27 PM EDT
I asked this woman out that I see at school a lot. We kinda hit it off at first. After a few phone calls we decided to meet up for dinner. We ate and decided to go see SWAT at the theater.

During the movie I named a few of the weapons off like the AK, AR because she asked me what they were. On the way back taking her home she discovers my glowing night sights on my Glock. Asks what it was and I reply, "It's my .45."

I then get "Are you some sort of weirdo, gun freak?"
"Only psychos carry guns, or people that are hiding something."

At this point I'm driving faster to get this wacko home. We pull into her driveway and she starts to get out of the car.

"Are you going to stalk me with your firearms?" I say nothing.

"Do you want to come in?"
I reply "No thanks, got to get up early to go shooting."

Needless to say I don't believe I'll be seeing that wacko anymore. When she found out I liked shooting as a hobby, it was like total a 360 attitude change. What the hell is wrong with women these days? Are they all crazy, or what?

Andy

Updated: Turns out that this woman is just playing with me about the gun issue. At the time she seemed so serious that I wasn't sure. She likes to act all serious and that she is about 10% of the time. Now everything is cool and she wants to go shooting with me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah...i just told this girl i liked her, and she gave me the old "lets just be frinds" talk.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Guns are a bad first date topic with most women. Wait until you're married to tell her what's in the safe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guns are a bad first date topic with most women. Wait until you're married to tell her what's in the safe.

Yeah, that works well to instill trust in your relationship.

Listen up, cockjockeys:

There are women out there who OWN guns.  If you find a single one, good for you.

There are women out there who LIKE guns.  Again, if you find a single one, good for you.

There are women out there who are NEUTRAL to guns.  If you find a single one, don't come off like some survivalist nutcase, and things will be fine.  Ease her in to the fact that you are a survivalist nutcase later on.  Make a good impression, and things will turn out alright.  Remember - your actions will sway them either up the scale, or down the scale.

There are women out there who DO NOT LIKE guns, but are at least OPEN-MINDED about your hobbies.  If your IQ is less than 100, skip this one and try to find one of the above three types because you simply don't have the tact.  If your IQ is over 100, don't come off like a paranoid sociopath and you should be find.  I'm sure she has hobbies (like shopping) that she enjoys and you don't.  Respect her hobbies, she'll respect yours.

And finally, you have women who HATE guns.  You have two choices here: run away and try again, or fuck 'em and forget 'em.

Thems the rules, boys.  Consider yourselves schooled.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

"Do you want to come in?"
I reply "No thanks, got to get up early to go shooting."

Andy

Damn boy, sounds like you missed a shot at some nookie and a chance to bring a chick to the dark side. You gotta watch for those opportunities OLDS. My next line would have been. "Yeah, what's for breakfast" and Do you want to go shooting with me after we eat?"
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
W30,
 Sounds like she kinda liked you since she invited you in.Maybe she was rethinking her position on "something".
  I dated a girl I really liked but I was a tad too dangerous for her(which is a real laugher if you ever meet me!).We remained friends after she decided to go back to the law student she later married (he cheated,and got killed in divorce court,heh,heh,heh).Anyway,she didn't like my '70 Mustang(too fast and my driving didn't help ),my motorcycle (wouldn't even go for a spin),or my guns (just basicly afraid of them but might have come around sometime if we had married).
innocent bystander,the reject,and Sanguine all offer good advice.If I'm talking about myself and I think it's going somewhere,I'll tell them I'm a gun collector but I don't usually carry on a first date.If I'm going somewhere with a date,I try to pick a place that's safe enough to go unarmed.

Robert.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I think asking you to come in pretty well negates anything else she may have said earlier in the evening.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry guys, but in the big picture, the ratio of good lookin' honies that LIKE guns is very low.  No data to back that up, but you'll have a hard time finding data that does.

Better not to mention it till she knows you better.

I mean come on.  What sane woman would NOT think you're wierd if she sees your firearm on the FIRST DATE!  Regardless of her present stance or FUTURE stance on the 'dark side' seeing a gun in the car on the ride home doesn't exactly instill instantaneous romance now does it?

Although she did ask you in for some donkey punchin' so wtf do I know?  Sounds like you may have missed out on some booty.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Lesson two on women:

Looking for a relationship with something other than Rosy Palm and her 5 slender sisters?  Here's a checklist:

• Sexy

• Intelligent

• Sane

You may pick any 2 (and only 2) of the 3 choices.

For the more advanced carouser, the following list may be substituted:

• Sexy

• Intelligent

• Sane

• Available

You may pick any 3 of the 4 choices.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Listen up, cockjockeys:

There are women out there who OWN guns.  If you find a single one, good for you.

There are women out there who LIKE guns.  Again, if you find a single one, good for you.

There are women out there who are NEUTRAL to guns.  If you find a single one, don't come off like some survivalist nutcase, and things will be fine.  Ease her in to the fact that you are a survivalist nutcase later on.  Make a good impression, and things will turn out alright.  Remember - your actions will sway them either up the scale, or down the scale.

There are women out there who DO NOT LIKE guns, but are at least OPEN-MINDED about your hobbies.  If your IQ is less than 100, skip this one and try to find one of the above three types because you simply don't have the tact.  If your IQ is over 100, don't come off like a paranoid sociopath and you should be find.  I'm sure she has hobbies (like shopping) that she enjoys and you don't.  Respect her hobbies, she'll respect yours.

And finally, you have women who HATE guns.  You have two choices here: run away and try again, or fuck 'em and forget 'em.

Thems the rules, boys.  Consider yourselves schooled.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When she found out I liked shooting as a hobby, it was like total a 360 attitude change.

Is that like two 180's....?  

Sorry, I'm a math nazi.

Regarding the chick:  screw her (literally if possible).  If she gets totally turned off by your legal personal property and hobbies, she's not worth your time.  There's no future in it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
yeah...i just told this girl i liked her, and she gave me the old "lets just be frinds" talk.

The "waste treatment plant" scent not working for you?  Try using deodorant.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

On the way back taking her home she discovers my glowing night sights on my Glock. Asks what it was and I reply, "It's my .45."

Andy

Andy, No No No,  The proper answer to her question should be:  Oh, baby, dis be the love sights on my special poon pleasin vulva massagin magnun orgasmic providing heat seeking pocket rocket and it's aimed at you, cause you be my freak!

works every time
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Dood, that may work in south Dekalb, say, the Panthersville area, or SWAT, like Bankhead Hwy, but up in north Atlanta, rich people land, or buckhead/brookhaven, if you say that, they will look at you funny for about 5 sec.  Then they will scream hysterically (or laugh hysterically, depending on woman) and then they will run or slap you.  Don't ask me how I know, I just do.  Take my word for it, its not worth it.    See, what you need to say (in low, sultry voice) is "would you like a nightcap, or should I just wake you up for breakfast".  Then, show her your piece, if you know what I mean.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I think you are being overly sensitive, I think she was just trying to mess with you, or was a little uncomfortable and checking you for a response to her quips.

Perhaps if you had joked back......."I'll only use my powers for the forces of good" kinda thing. Or just seriously said it was for self defense, and asked her if she was ok with it, or a little uncomfotable, etc.

Then she asked you in...................
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the way back taking her home she discovers my glowing night sights on my Glock. Asks what it was and I reply, "It's my .45."

Andy

Andy, No No No,  The proper answer to her question should be:  Oh, baby, dis be the love sights on my special poon pleasin vulva massagin magnun orgasmic providing heat seeking pocket rocket and it's aimed at you, cause you be my freak!

works every time

Way down here in the what was the country,she might know what it is and ask if you want to go shoot road signs!
Robert.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andy

works every time

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:07:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I vote this as best thread for the week!!
  Reject your the man with the schooling!!!
Hey yall it is very very tought to find a pretty one that is smart and like guns...

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:46:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Now I can say "I've seen everything".....Doctor_Reject!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#19]
my take is she may have been trying to get you into the house in an effort to entrap you into saying something or doing something that would make her call the cops and get you busted.  but then if i don't have a lot in common with a girl i don't have much to do with them

i think you made the right call
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
my take is she may have been trying to get you into the house in an effort to entrap you into saying something or doing something that would make her call the cops and get you busted.  but then if i don't have a lot in common with a girl i don't have much to do with them

Well looky here, it's today's "I'm a Paranoid Motherfucker" award winner!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:08:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Now I can say "I've seen everything".....Doctor_Reject!

~ s0ulzer0

It's a regular fucking LoveLine.  You can be my Adam Corrola.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well looky here, it's today's "I'm a Paranoid Motherfucker" award winner!

I thought they stopped handing out the "Paranoid Motherfucker" award. because i was winning it every day.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I thought they stopped handing out the "Paranoid Motherfucker" award. because i was winning it every day.  

Nope, we got resident Georgians who can give you a run for your money.  If you so choose, we can put a little * next to your name on the plaque to denote that you are the out-of-state winner for today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:11:12 AM EDT
[#24]
It was just a bad vibe the whole time. Better to look for something else. She didn't like anything and we had nothing in common.

Ohh well I suppose the quest continues. If you can't get along on the first date, then it's best to let it go.

Also the comments she made were not of a joking manner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Andy

works every time

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#26]
cmon dude, calling out gun models during the movie is pretty gay. same if it was cars, or airplanes or anything else that says "look at me i dont get out much"  

regardless of whether or not thats the case that how you appear. and the sheep around you will percieve you to be a freak...and perception is everything.

now i love guns, cars and airplanes as much as the next guy and sure in my head i try to determine model numbers during the film but

A. youre talking during a movie.

B. its a lame attempt to get attention or else you wouldnt say it outloud and

C. its a first date. try holding a little something back eh.

apply these lessons and try again on someone else.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:44:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
cmon dude, calling out gun models during the movie is pretty gay. same if it was cars, or airplanes or anything else that says "look at me i dont get out much"  

regardless of whether or not thats the case that how you appear. and the sheep around you will percieve you to be a freak...and perception is everything.

now i love guns, cars and airplanes as much as the next guy and sure in my head i try to determine model numbers during the film but

A. youre talking during a movie.

B. its a lame attempt to get attention or else you wouldnt say it outloud and

C. its a first date. try holding a little something back eh.

apply these lessons and try again on someone else.

Thanks. Lessons from Romeo himself. By the way we are going shooting. Turns out she was just toying with me anyway. Reasons I told her the types of guns, she asked. I didn't say it "outloud" to get "attention" or to sound "gay".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top