Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2003 7:14:52 AM EDT
isn't it the flash hider, bayo lug, and collapsible stock that should be LEO?
if i had the lower and installed post ban items only then what makes it LEO

guy that works with me has one for sale, colt with all internals for 175, but says he will only sell to leo

he also has a colt HBAR Delta Elite with the Jewell trigger installed for $1075 never fired
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If you buy it and put Post Ban features, you can own it 100% legal.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]

However, be aware that if you buy it and build in into a post-ban, though it may be legal (I don't personally know) you may still get a lot of questions if a police-type person sees it. If we don't understand the law on LEO lowers, the average cop isn't going to either. This may be a problem if you shoot at a DNR range or a range where cops shoot. Just my $.02.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that leo lowers went out as complete guns with no tax paid because of who they went to. not sure that they are supposed to get out of the loop even if stripped. Ask in the legal section.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
this guy is LE so he can own it, but i think i am gonna stay away for the same reason i sold my benchmade auto knife.    it is legal for me to own and carry, but the average street cop would take it away from me not really knowing the laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top