Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2003 3:01:26 PM EDT

I need to get some H335 or equivalent for reloading. I called David's Gun Room and damn, they wanted too much for it, $20.00/lb. I asked about an 8lb tub and he said 20 X 8=$160 minus 10%.. that's a no go.

I have found some powder online for $65.00/8lb's of military surplus, but with 20.00 haz-mat minimum and then shipping costs it starts to get up there too.

Does anyone have a local source for surplus powder or where I can get it cheaper online?

Group buy maybe?

gilfrd
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Try this guy out:
Kirk Brookshire
Southeastern Ammo and Components
Dawsonville, GA
706-265-8667
706-344-9049

I met him at the last gun show. Most powders that I saw in the booth were running $13-18 per LB in the 1 lb containers, but they ran about $10-14/lb in the 8 lb containers.
I also picked up 1,000 primers for about $15.00.
About a group buy- if I didn't have a couple of pounds here already, I'd be all over it.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Natchez and Wideners have about the best mail order prices. Still not real cheap because of the haz shipping charge. I think Natchez has 223c for on sale but not sure how that ranks to the one you want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top