Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 5:50:16 AM EDT
Just moved offices from Kennesaw to Alpharetta.  Any interesting shops in Alpharetta?

Any good places for lunch?

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Banthony, I bet I know where you relocated to...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:51:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Know-it-all!! But you didn't answer the man's question!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Know-it-all!! But you didn't answer the man's question!

I'm not a know-it-all, let's just say that I'd be willing to bet that banthony1 works upstairs from me...

To answer the question, dunno much about dine-in, but there's a Mickey D's and a Chik-Fil-A down the street.  As far as delivery, you've got Papa John's, Johnny's Pizza, and Amore, plus Satay House if you like Thai.  There's one Chinese restaurant nearby, but it sucks.

Oh yeah, Atlanta Bread Company is down the street, there's a Jersey Mike's, and a Jason's Deli nearby as well.

The in-house cafeteria is hit or miss (mostly miss) and ends up being pretty expensive after a while.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Man, Jason's Deli is not bad at all. Yummy! Is it time for lunch yet?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Man, Jason's Deli is not bad at all. Yummy! Is it time for lunch yet?

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Almost sammich time here...  20 more minutes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Moes, by the quicktrip is pretty good.  I usually go there and Jersey Mikes.  

Most of the shops are the typical ... best buy, circuit city, mall, etc.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:11:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Moes, by the quicktrip is pretty good.  I usually go there and Jersey Mikes.  

Most of the shops are the typical ... best buy, circuit city, mall, etc.

Welcome to Moe's!

Dang, maybe I will go there tomorrow.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't go out for lunch very often.  We have a cafeteria here.  Today for lunch we had shrimp, roasted turkey, lasagna, taco/nacho bar and the typical salad bar, sandwich bar, desert bar, soup, cookies and frozen yogurt.  Oh yea, they have jello too.

The cafeteria used to be free, but now they make us pay $30 a month.  At least they still serve breakfast too.  

Yep.  I'm spoiled.  Want to hear about our bowling alleys, game room or fitness center?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't go out for lunch very often.  We have a cafeteria here.  Today for lunch we had shrimp, roasted turkey, lasagna, taco/nacho bar and the typical salad bar, sandwich bar, desert bar, soup, cookies and frozen yogurt.  Oh yea, they have jello too.

The cafeteria used to be free, but now they make us pay $30 a month.  At least they still serve breakfast too.  

Yep.  I'm spoiled.  Want to hear about our bowling alleys, game room or fitness center?

Acutally, I was a little bit more interested in gun shops, but thanks for the lunch ideas.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, back on topic.  Where are you in Alpharetta?  There is a shooting range called Atlanta Classic Marksmen off Peachtree Industrial at Medlock Bridge.  Some of us have meet there for shooting and then grab a sandwhich at the Subway next door.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Okay, back on topic.  Where are you in Alpharetta?  There is a shooting range called Atlanta Classic Marksmen off Peachtree Industrial at Medlock Bridge.  Some of us have meet there for shooting and then grab a sandwhich at the Subway next door.  

psst! BookHound He said food wasn't what he was interested in, sheesh! Back on topic my ass!(i'd use a smiley, but they seem broke right now)

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:24:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

psst! BookHound He said food wasn't what he was interested in, sheesh! Back on topic my ass!(i'd use a smiley, but they seem broke right now)

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I thought his suggestion was good.  A new place to go shooting with acess to sub sandwiches sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#13]
What's he gonna do, lock my account?    (Just kidding banthony1.  If you think I'm out of line tell me and I'll lock myself.)

So, Byte, do you know of any good gun shops or shooting ranges in the Alpharetta area?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I thought is suggestion was good.  A new place to go shooting with acess to sub sandwiches sounds good to me.

See Byte, I was helpful.  Can't say the same for you.  Loser.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Well damn, that sure took long enuff. I have been trying on multiple threads to 'get noticed'. My sincere apologizes to banthony1. I have been lurking for a while and needed some face time.

As for you Mr. BookHound, if I had a better idea of the area in Alpharetta, I just might. Off/near E Jones Bridge and Peachtree Pkwy(Medlock Pkwy(wotever the frigging name is)) there are quite a few good food places...Ted's Montana Grill...wait...DOH, he didn't want food...Yeah, Classic Marksman, good place, I have been there.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#16]
So, are we talking about a lunch shoot sometime in the near future?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#17]
If only my lunch breaks were longer than 30 minutes...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#18]
If it is during the week, I will need advanced notice to arrange and extended lunch. I work downtown.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Ouch.  That's a horrible commute...
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, it would be if I lived in Alpharetta. A coworker lives a few blocks from Ted's. He gets to work around 6:30 to 'enjoy' the commute.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:03:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in for another lunch shoot. But, if we are eating mexican, we shoot before we eat. Those lanes aren't ventilated enough to shoot with Book AFTER he eats mexican!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Where do all of you guys work??
If we had a cafeteria where I worked, it would be all-you-can-eat Purina products...
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a software architect.  They keep us fat dumb and happy.

Hey, chainshaw.  I got your beans and rice buddy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Pass on the beans and rice.  Give me boiled cabbage and devilled eggs!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Pass on the beans and rice.  Give me boiled cabbage and devilled eggs!

Just Say No.

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I would say the most interesting thing in  Alpharettawould be the road leading out of  Alpharetta. But thats me
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I would say the most interesting thing in  Alpharettawould be the road leading out of  Alpharetta. But thats me

I knew I liked you for a reason.  (Well, other than your COOL ak.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top