Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2003 3:09:27 AM EDT
Eastman gunshow at North Atlanta Trade Center July 12 & 13.  Just a heads up.  I plan on going.

Rossi, thanks for making me aware of this.

Standard protocol is hit the show then have a late lunch at a local Mexican place.  (Hey s0ulzer0, that get your attention?)

I'll be buying some .308 and 5.56 if anyone wants to try to get a group discount.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there to advocate excessive spending while personally only shelling out for admission and lunch.  

ARH, wanna hook up for some artery-clogging meat and gravy at Shoney's again?  Anybody else want to join us?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Count me in.  I'll hit breakfast and lunch.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I get back in town on the 10th and if I am not totally broke I will be there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a plan fellas!
 I may just pick up some 7.62 for my ak though,

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:25:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Eating it will suffice.  It will likely arrive on your plate motionless, so hitting it would be, well, very strange - not to mention a very unfair fight.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like I'm in for breakfast and lunch then.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'll be there to advocate excessive spending while personally only shelling out for admission and lunch.  

ARH, wanna hook up for some artery-clogging meat and gravy at Shoney's again?  Anybody else want to join us?

Count me in.
What time do you want to meet for breakfast?

ARH
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks like I'm in for breakfast and lunch then.

Kickass.  Better bring some Nexium and some Bean-O - Shoney's breakfast was killer last time, and not in a good way.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in.

ARH

Let's shoot for 8:30am.  That way, if we have any stragglers <cough, cough, DeltaAir, hack, wheeze> there will be plenty of time for them to eat while us earlybirds kick back and let the gastric anomaly settle down.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Count me in.

ARH

Let's shoot for 8:30am.  That way, if we have any stragglers <cough, cough, DeltaAir, hack, wheeze> there will be plenty of time for them to eat while us earlybirds kick back and let the gastric anomaly settle down.

That works for me.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Eating it will suffice.  It will likely arrive on your plate motionless, so hitting it would be, well, very strange - not to mention a very unfair fight.

I am a gun owner so, by my very nature, I am violent.  Perhaps if I am pounding the hell out of my country ham, I'll get good service from the waitress.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am a gun owner so, by my very nature, I am violent.  Perhaps if I am pounding the hell out of my country ham, I'll get good service from the waitress.  

More than likely, you'll get no drink refills.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Where is this infamous Shoney's?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:33:28 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't know if I'll be there, If I go I'd be up for breakfast, but I'd have to shoot out early so I can catch some Z's before I have to go back to work.  Probably won't be able to spend any money though
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Bradd, the Shoney's is on Indian Trail just past the first light after turning off the highway.

Delta, hope to see ya.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Bradd, the Shoney's is on Indian Trail just past the first light after turning off the highway.

On the righthand side of the road.

Edited to add:

Map of Shoneys Inn
2050 Willow Trail
Norcross, GA 30093
(770) 564-0492
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:36:24 AM EDT
[#17]
DADGUMMIT, you atlanta people get all of the shows and shoots!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Memory fails me.  Where you at JMO?  You're south GA, right?
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Brunswick, about as south as you can go
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

He's down yonder a piece.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's down yonder a piece.

A fur piece.

JMO, just start driving Friday night.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#23]
JMO, I'll be down your way in a few weeks.  I'll give you a yell.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#24]
bookhound, e-mail me a couple of days before you come and maybe we can meet and eat.

2 of my brothers and 1 brother-in-law live in the Atlanta area.     best thing i like about it is seeing it in the rear view mirror.   tooooo many people tooooooo many cars.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeppers! Count me in!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#26]
JMO, I'll be in touch.  I look forward to it.

s0ulzer0 - Great news!  Can't wait to see ya again.  My wife is gonna meet us for lunch.  Ya'll be nice now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:15:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
My wife is gonna meet us for lunch.  Ya'll be nice now.

Danger!  Danger!  Danger!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
My wife is gonna meet us for lunch.  Ya'll be nice now.

I'll be sure to wear my "Camel Toes Are Cool" shirt!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#29]
She would like that I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#30]
How do I get to the show from Augusta? You take I-20 where?
Keith
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:13:42 AM EDT
[#31]
From I-20 take I-85 North.
Then take Indian Trail (next after Jimmy Carter Blvd) and make a right.
Make another right at Oakbrook Parkway.
Make another right at Jeurgens Court.
The Gun Show is in the North Atlanta Trade Center.

However, there's a plan to meet at Shoneys for an "intoxication feast" that will be officially called "breakfast".  :-))

Address below, but you can find a link to a map in a previous message.  It's quite close to the expo center.
2050 Willow Trail
Norcross, GA 30093
(770) 564-0492

Cheers!

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:25:00 AM EDT
[#32]
More like "toxic feast", am I rite?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:35:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Yep, that's it.  Toxic.  I'll bring the Tums.

Hey, reject.  Thanks for the beer offer the other day BTW.  I ended up working nearly all weekend getting my folks moved.  And I still have more blinds and stuff like that to install.  However, I do want to try some of that beer one of these days.  See ya, bud.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:41:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yep, that's it.  Toxic.  I'll bring the Tums.

Hey, reject.  Thanks for the beer offer the other day BTW.  I ended up working nearly all weekend getting my folks moved.  And I still have more blinds and stuff like that to install.  However, I do want to try some of that beer one of these days.  See ya, bud.

I'll be brewing like a bandit from now until October.  Next brew day is the 13th.  C'mon over - there should still be some Belgian strong dark ale left, and I'll be kegging a schwartzbier, checking up on my pilsner, racking my wheat beer onto fruit to make a blackberry honey wheat, and brewing up a Belgian strong golden ale.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Seriously, the 13th (like a week from this coming Sunday)?  What time?  I'm there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Yup, this coming 13th.  Sunday after next weekend.  I've got a lot of work ahead of me that day, so I'll probably start around 9 or 10am.  I should be completely done by 6pm or so, depending on how long it takes the wort to cool (which shouldn't take too long if I use an ice batch this time), and deal with whatever problems crop up.

First I need to keg the schwartzbier.  This means I have to clean, sterilize, and purge some kegs.  That takes about an hour, but I'll get to sample the beer during the process, so it's not too bad.  I brewed it 6 weeks ago, and last tasted it 4 weeks ago.

Then, once that is done, I need to clean and sterilize the carboy the schwartzbier was in, pastuerize 10 pounds of blackberry puree, add it to the carboy, and then rack the honey wheat onto the blackberries.  I'll need to take a hydrometer reading as well - if everything looks good, it's another sample glass for me.  If not, time to pitch some champagne yeast to finish it off.  About another hour.

Then I'll start brewing the next batch - a Belgian strong golden ale.  While that is cruising along, I'll clean and sterilize the carboy that the honey wheat was in, because I'm going to need it.  After I steep my specialty grains, I'll need to bring it to a boil and keep that boil going for 60-90 minutes.  Then, I have to chill it down.  Then, I have to get it in the carboy.  Finally, I'll pitch the yeast.  And, while I'm standing around waiting for stuff to finish, I'll be cleaning stuff.  That's probably a good 4-5 hours there.

It's fun, and there's plenty of great beer to drink, though!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#37]
The 13th is a Sunday...Saturday is the Funshow!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

edited cause I left off an e.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Dang, reject.  In that amount of time I can get drunk, sober up and get drunk again.  Seriously, I've only done wine, which is pretty easy.  So I'm interested in seeing how you make the beer.

You doing this on Sunday the 13th or Saturday the 12th?  I'm going to the fun show on Saturday.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Dang, reject.  In that amount of time I can get drunk, sober up and get drunk again.  Seriously, I've only done wine, which is pretty easy.  So I'm interested in seeing how you make the beer.

You doing this on Sunday the 13th or Saturday the 12th?  I'm going to the fun show on Saturday.

In that same space of time, I can get happily inebriated while brewing more stuff to get inebriated with the next time I brew more stuff to get inebriated with!

Beer can be pretty easy, or it can be complex.  My process, procedures, and equipment put me just inside the complex area.  

I will be doing all of this on Sunday the 13th.  Saturday the 12th is funshow day, the 13th is beer day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
The 13th is a Sunday...Saturday is the Funshow!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

edited cause I left off an e.

That's okay, at least you weren't horribly confused on your days of the week like I was...  
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#41]

I'll definitely make it but too late for breakfast. I found some really good AR stuff at the last show there.

One of the vendors told me he is hoping to receive a couple of Bushmaster M4 uppers and will bring them. If he has them I'm getting one. Also I've been wanting an 7.62X39 upper--cheap shooting and good for coyotes and such.  
Also the 7.62 just sounds good.

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#42]
d@mn I'm thirsty.  must have liquid bread.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Geez, you'd think the Author of this thread would have some sort of running list of people meeting and, hell, maybe some kind of 'we'll meet here at this time'. Oh well.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Geez, you'd think the Author of this thread would have some sort of running list of people meeting and, hell, maybe some kind of 'we'll meet here at this time'. Oh well.

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Can we get a moderator on this please...oh...he is the moderator.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeah, just when I NEED my stalker/shadow, he falls down on the job.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#46]
All right, you whinny little kids.  Show starts at 09:00.  Want to meet at Shoney’s on Indian Trail at 08:30?  That way we can eat and get there shortly after the show opens.  That way hopefully the line won’t be too long.

The wife wants to meet us for late lunch at the La Conswella (how the hell do you spell that) Mexican restaurant off Indian Trail (towards Lilburn) around 14:00.

That cool?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
All right, you whinny little kids.  Show starts at 09:00.  Want to meet at Shoney’s on Indian Trail at 08:30?  That way we can eat and get there shortly after the show opens.  That way hopefully the line won’t be too long.

The wife wants to meet us for late lunch at the La Conswella (how the hell do you spell that) Mexican restaurant off Indian Trail (towards Lilburn) around 14:00.

That cool?

Groovey.

ARH
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

That cool?

Only if you apologize for calling me whinny.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Shadow!!, ok, soooooo, I am not gonna make it to Sh-ho-naize, so I need to be at the door to the Trade Center at what time? I will check to see if yous guys are still scarfing breakfast, if I can get there early enuff. The Mexican place is up the road a piece? Cool. 14:00...wots that, like 1:45?!?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Whinny?  Isn't that the sound a horse makes?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top