Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 6:07:27 PM EDT
Only place I find at decent price are the two gun shows.  Anywhere else?

Also, could not find Bernie's.  Drove by Indian Trail but did not see the store.  Any reference (like a stree number?) ?  

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
www.bernies-sports.com/

Give Galyans a try for .308.
I think they even carry battle packs of Port at a decent price.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
There is Dixie Firearms off 124.  They sell the Port .308 battle packs for $40.  That's a little high to me as they used to sell the packs for $30.  But here is their address:

www.dixieguns.com

The best place is the North Atlanta Trade Center gun show (Eastman show).  Next time maybe a few of us could buy a few cases and save a little money.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks ARH and BookHound!  

Now I know why I was not finding the store.  I was checking the wrong side of 85.  I thought the west side was Lilburn.

I'll check Galyans and Dixie.  But if we can get a better deal at Eastman's let's go there.
There's one next month.  Any plans?

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:05:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep.  July 12 & 13 at the North Atlanta Trade Center.  I'll post a thread for it, but I'm there.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:14:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a case from Aim Surplus for $129.00 back a few months ago. I'm not sure what the price is now, but it was 1000 rounds of Port. with free shipping. Came in a really cool military green crate with yellow markings that read 7.62 NATO.

Aim Surplus

This appears to be S. African ammo they are selling at the moment.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:59:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks All!

Stopped by Galyan's today.  They do not have .308 at this time.  However, they said new shipments arrive every Tuesday and sometimes they get some surplus.  I'll check from time to time.

Regarding the on-line sales.  Anybody has any experience with the the South African ammo?

Cheers!
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Rossi, go with us to the Eastman show in two weeks.  LOTS of Port surplus there.  Trust me.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeap.  I'm planning to go with you guys.
However, I like to check price and availability out of the shows because sometimes they sell stuff more expensive there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Regarding the on-line sales.  Anybody has any experience with the the South African ammo?

Excellent ammo, a little stinky tho, but very accurate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top