Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2003 10:23:54 AM EDT
Thinking about getting some optics for my Bushy.
Wanted to ask you fellas here what would be a good choice to get. I don't have $1,000 for the ACOG setup, so something affordable. Looking at maybe an Aimpoint, or a BSA style. Something along the tactical red dot style. Can you guys give me some ideas on what sort of optics to get for my toy? Want something that I can use for longer distances and for ease of use. I've seen the Aimpoints at Bernies. Kinda nice, but are they practical for range use? Are they good for longer distances like out to 100 yards? Are the magnified to where you can change the pic in the sights?

Any advice, or pointers would be great. Maybe some personal experience with these optics if you have that.

Thanks,
AN
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Tasco ProPoints are decent for the money. I know alot of guys will give me hell for saying it, buy some of us don't have the cash to buy the biggest and best.

If you want magnification, you will need to get a scope. Quite a few guys that I know, myself included, have small 4X scopes that fit on our carry handles. They are relatively inexpensive.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#2]
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BEATEN TO DEATH!

but i feel like santa clause.

if you can spend 300 get a EOTech.  or Aimpoint.  if you can only spend 150 get a propoint.  do not get a cheap ass BSA red dot.  they suck and they will break!

any 1X scope will work out to 100 yds.  do not expect much past 200 yds.

change the pic in the sights?  some propoints will let you do this and a propoint is a good scope for non-tactical use.  if you want to bet your life on it use what the military uses.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Red dots work great at 100 yds.  I've shot steel plates at 100 yds with Mark's (Bookhound's) Aimpoint and it worked very well.  If you're budget conscious and range work is all you really plan on doing (i.e. no combat  ) then check out the Bushnell and Tasco red dots.  I've got a Bushnell Trophy red dot that is very nice.  It costs about $70 at Bass Pro Shops.  If you're going to be at the shoot on Saturday, I'm hoping to have the Bushnell on my FAL...you're welcome to check it out.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Go with the Aimpoint you can't go wrong.
I have the M2 without magnification and love it. The scopes with magnification do not allow you to have a BUIS that will co-wittnes. I used mine at a CQB class and had no problems.
You will not have problems using it at 100 yards.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I've looked at the Tasco ones and they are pretty nice for the money. Don't have 500+ for the trijicon stuff. Of all the tasco models below which would be the better model for the rifle?

Category:
Shotgun, Slug, Handgun

Model:
BKRD42

Magnification:
1x

Objective Lens Diameter:
42mm

Field of view:
62' @ 100 yards

Wide Angle:
N/A

Exit Pupil Diameter:
N/A

Lens Coating:
Rubicon multi-layered, fully coated

Focus Type:
Fixed

Parallax Setting:
N/A

Eye Relief:
Unlimited

Reticle Type:
Illuminated 5 M.O.A. Red Dot, 11-position Rheostat

Windage / Elevation:

Finish:
Black Matte, AWF - All Weather

Tube Diameter:
47mm

Weight:
6.7 oz.

Length:

Warranty:
One-Year Limited

Accessories Included:
Built-on dovetail rail to fit standard 5/8" bases

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I've also looked at the Aimpoint scopes and here is the one I've thought about. Any of you guys have this model?

Aimpoint CompM2
Description: Red-Dot Sight w/ NV Compatibility New CET© Technology for 30 times longer battery life. Runs up to 10 years on lowest setting. 30 times the battery life of the XD's 100%
Parallax Free Waterproof and Shockproof Also available in 2x magnification

Then there is the CompML2:

Aimpoint CompML2
Description: Red-Dot Sight without NV Compatibility New CET© Technology for 30 times longer battery life

What's the difference between the 2 sights? Other than on has night vision compatibility which I won't need. Is this the only differences? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a newbie to the optics world. Which one do you guys use and recommend?

Andy

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've also looked at the Aimpoint scopes and here is the one I've thought about. Any of you guys have this model?

mstn.biz/images/Optics/AIM%20Comp%20M2.jpg

Aimpoint CompM2
Description: Red-Dot Sight w/ NV Compatibility New CET© Technology for 30 times longer battery life. Runs up to 10 years on lowest setting. 30 times the battery life of the XD's 100%
Parallax Free Waterproof and Shockproof Also available in 2x magnification

Then there is the CompML2:

mstn.biz/images/Optics/AIM%20Comp%20M2.jpg

Aimpoint CompML2
Description: Red-Dot Sight without NV Compatibility New CET© Technology for 30 times longer battery life

What's the difference between the 2 sights? Other than on has night vision compatibility which I won't need. Is this the only differences? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm a newbie to the optics world. Which one do you guys use and recommend?

Andy

The NV  compatibility is the only difference.
I have the M2 and Book has the ML2.
Don't get one with magnification if you want your sights to co-witness. If you are not going to add NV then get the ML2.

ARH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top