Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 4:49:57 AM EDT
Just heard from john at the range. he has some ISSUES we need to make sure do not happen again.

Brass.. Piles of 223 brass left on the ground

Trash.. Lots of garbage left on the berms from exploded tannerite.

LARGE tannerite bottles not allowed. Nothing larger than the film cannisters are allowed. The county made an inquiry to john about explosives and he is not permited for them.

Also NO tannerite anywhere but the 100 yard berm. Any closer is a safety risc with flying debris. Also there was some slight damage to the wood posts holding up the 25 and 50yrd berms from the tannerite.

It was made pretty clear that these issues MUST be resolved for the next shoot or no more tannerite. Also PLEASE police your trash and brass.

I should have been a little more on the ball but by the end of the day i was wiped out.

Thanks,

mike
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I will be sure to do a better job with these issues next time. We need to keep our hosts happy...and legal. It is too much of a good time to mess up!

Thanks to all that made this happen...again!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Roger Mike Sorry if any trouble was caused.  We will be better guests next time.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, Mike.  Didn't mean to cause any problems.  I'll do a better job next time of helping police up everything.  

For that matter, everyone should give Mona a big THANK YOU!  She cleaned up a lot of stuff all by herself.

Mike, do we need to kick in a little cash towards target stand damage?  

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Understood.

I had started picking up brass around the bench I was at when everyone split and went to the pistol range.
I stopped when nobody came back and just saw Mona picking up .223 to reload.
There was also no brass recepticles, I was just dumping it in the trash can, hope that didn't cause a problem.

It will not happen again!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw the piles or brass left as well and was a a little concerned. I shot about 400 rounds all day Staurday and counted the brass I had when I got home, I picked up 100 too many. Last time at CE folks were in to keeping their brass. I didn't want to step on any toes so I left what I didn't shoot.

As for tannerite, I am guilty of placing them too close but I was not aware of the rule of no full bottles. I donated to the fun but only shot one.

Last outing I stayed out with Mona cleaning up trash, this time I was too worn out to do the same, sorry Mona.

As a good boy scout would tell you, take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints.

gilfrd
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry man, let John know that we will do better next time.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#7]
not a problem just some things we need to watch out for next time. The dead target stand was ok. he expects that. He did get a vist from the sherrif inquiring about the "DYNAMITE" on the range

mike
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike,
A few of us are interested in rebuilding the stand for the large steel plate.  We're more than happy to donate time, money, and/or materials.  Any objections?

Thanks,
Bradd
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:07:42 AM EDT
[#9]
that is entirely up to you guys. Contact john grigsby at the range. www.foprangeic . both email addresses on the front page are his. It's not necessary but i am sure he would appreciate the offer. He has piles of angle iron out there that he uses to rebuild those things. it's not a big deal, he expects them to be hit.

mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top