Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 6:12:46 AM EDT
any tips and tricks I should know about regarding these FAL's?

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I got a pro-tip for you: give it to me!  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yeah...I'll give it to ya...barrel first, pal!  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The FAL Files

Thanks...I've been hanging out over there quite a bit lately.  Just as an aside...there's some grumpy folks over there, huh?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep, falfiles is where I did a lot of reading before I made my purchase.  The only thing I did was take the rifle apart a few times to learn the various components and how to properly clean them.  I played around a little with the gas port, but ended up putting it right back where the factory had it set.

Have you shot it yet?  I was surprised how easy it was to zero the rifle.  In fact, very little adjustment was needed from the factory settings.

There really aren't any special tricks.  I will say that if you're gonna scope it go with the DSA scope mount.  From all my research it appears the most stable platform for a scope.

The only problem I had was the front screw that holds on the handguards shot loose.  My fault though since I didn't tighten it good after taking the rifle apart.

In the first few rounds (if you recall, since you were with me) I had a few failures to eject.  But that was due to my playing around with the gas port before I even shot the rifle.  

(Are you seeing a trend here?  Seems like the few problems are ME!   )

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's fine.  It'll be in the case, right?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:25:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...in the case...that's it...and I'll send it with my wife...Morgan Fairchild.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Yep, falfiles is where I did a lot of reading before I made my purchase.  The only thing I did was take the rifle apart a few times to learn the various components and how to properly clean them.  I played around a little with the gas port, but ended up putting it right back where the factory had it set.

Have you shot it yet?  I was surprised how easy it was to zero the rifle.  In fact, very little adjustment was needed from the factory settings.

There really aren't any special tricks.  I will say that if you're gonna scope it go with the DSA scope mount.  From all my research it appears the most stable platform for a scope.

The only problem I had was the front screw that holds on the handguards shot loose.  My fault though since I didn't tighten it good after taking the rifle apart.

In the first few rounds (if you recall, since you were with me) I had a few failures to eject.  But that was due to my playing around with the gas port before I even shot the rifle.  

(Are you seeing a trend here?  Seems like the few problems are ME!   )

Nope...haven't shot it yet.  Saturday will be the maiden voyage.  The wait is killing me.  I did take apart, clean, and lube her.  

I'm actually thinking about getting the Tapco Gen III cover (I've read some good reviews on the Files) and putting an Aimpoint on it.  The Tapco mount is lower and allows use of the irons through the Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...in the case...that's it...and I'll send it with my wife...Morgan Fairchild.  

Ew.  Keep the played-out white trash harlot and just send the rifle in the case, please.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top