Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 4:55:12 AM EDT
I was checking it out and it looks like an ok deal. I didn't see any of us GA guys on the list and I was wondering about your opinions on this rifle.
After watching Bradd et al, I'm looking to get a nice .308 and I LOVE the AR10 style although all black is mandatory for me, you know what they say, once you go black....anyhow
If you haven't recently, check em out at www.armalite.com

gilfrd
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#1]
AR-10s are cool.  However, when I was looking for a .308 battle rifle, I went with an FAL.  Why?  Here are a few reasons.

FAL mags are dirt cheap and plentiful.  AR-10 mags are expensive and not always easy to find.
The few AR-10s I’ve shot were ammo picky.  FALs tend to not be so picky.
Replacement parts for FALs are cheap and plentiful.  Not always so with the AR-10.

I wanted a battle rifle.  If I wanted something to group really well and maybe to use for hunting, I think the AR wins.  The AR is a better platform for optics IMO.  I love the AR-10s and will almost certainly get one at some point in time.  But, the FAL seemed like a better choice for my purposes.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#2]
glfrd,
Check out the Ohio Rapid Fire website. They build FALs from Imbel receivers for as cheap as $550, with a warranty.

You can almost buy 2 for what you would pay for one AR10.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The site of which chainshaw speaks:

ohiorapidfire.com

chainshaw sent me the link the other day.  Very cool site.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm thinking I'm going for a CETME for my 308.  Granted it is a Centruy (Let the Flame War Begin!!!!!!), but the review in SGN was mostly positive (only complaint was the 100 yrd sight), and I have yet to hear about someone complain about their CETME
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Delta, talk to LostWildCat about his CETME before you buy one.  He just went through a purchase and had a few minor issues.  Everything got made right though.  He might have some advice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:08:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Well I want to get me a 308 I might go for the AR-10 after the AWB sunsets and we can get our evil features.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
AR-10s are cool.  However, when I was looking for a .308 battle rifle, I went with an FAL.  Why?  Here are a few reasons.

FAL mags are dirt cheap and plentiful.  AR-10 mags are expensive and not always easy to find.
The few AR-10s I’ve shot were ammo picky.  FALs tend to not be so picky.
Replacement parts for FALs are cheap and plentiful.  Not always so with the AR-10.

I wanted a battle rifle.  If I wanted something to group really well and maybe to use for hunting, I think the AR wins.  The AR is a better platform for optics IMO.  I love the AR-10s and will almost certainly get one at some point in time.  But, the FAL seemed like a better choice for my purposes.  

ditto
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm partial to the FAL also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top