Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2003 8:47:14 PM EDT
Hi all.  I'm going to be relocating soon to the Atlanta area and have kind of been trying to find out if there are any outdoor ranges in the area that are full-auto friendly (assault rifles, subguns, suppressed stuff).  I've been to an indoor range up close to Duluth that was cool with subguns but my first preference is always for outdoors, when the weather's nice.  Also, anyone down there doing subgun matches or assault rifle matches?  Thanks in advance.

Marty
07/02 FFL/SOT
312-371-7356
www.thetoolshed.net
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey, Marty.  I think the "NFA" part is the one throwing most people off.  Other than shooting on private property, I don't know of any outdoor ranges that allow full-auto.  I'm guessing most guys associate "NFA" with only full-auto/burst.  Most ranges don't have problems with sound suppressed weapons.  The only indoor range I know of that allows full-auto is Bulls-eye in Lawrenceville.  They even have LOTS of auto weapons for rent.

There is a range (South River Gun Club) close to Conyers that sometimes hosts 3-gun matches.  I know of no other rifle/subgun type matches.  However, I know a lot of the guys are interested in getting something together.  The problem is finding a range that will allow it.

Let us know when you get in town and maybe a few of us could show you around a little or hook up for a group shoot.  We've got a great bunch of guys in the unofficial "GA gang".

In what area will you be living?  Duluth?  I live in Buford (about 20 miles north of Duluth) and work in Norcross (about 5-10 miles west of Duluth).

Welcome.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The 3 gun matches at SRGC allow suppressed, and SBR's, but they don't allow Auto/Busrt fire for the sake of competition and safety.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Marty, I am also a class 3 owner. we have had a shoot at my house and the local atlanta class 3 group has a yahoo group . I believe it is atlanta bcr's. we just had a shoot out in Madison,. and are working on a deal to get a range for use with 600 yards for the beltfeds.it is in the early stages. but we have a couple of places to use localy. not sure if my e-mail is current so if you want to e-mail me shoot it to [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The ft. benning rifle and pistol club has monthly CQB and precision rifle matches.  You have to be a member ($50/yr)to get on base.

I don't know the official policy on NFA, but I've seen one guy fire a suppressed FA AR15, and a LEO fire a unsuppressed M4.  These were only a few rounds during a break in a class they were running, not like they were letting go.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top