Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2022 6:17:23 PM EDT
Here's a real world example from Asheville that is current. Friday March 31st a 600 square foot house on a tiny lot was listed for sale at 5:00 pm for $250,000. By 6:00pm there were over 25 request for a showing, by 7:00pm there was a cash offer that was accepted for $325,000 sight unseen by the buyer other than video. In a bordering county an older two bedroom, one bath mobile home is being renting out for $800 per month and considered a bargain. Three bedroom, two bath mobile home renting for $1200 per month. Just passing this along for those asking about housing prices in Western North Carolina.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Seeing the same things on the coast
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seeing the same things on the coast
View Quote

Not good news, I've considered selling our place for a mint and moving to the coast. Folks own a small place in Brunswick County, used to be able to buy a similar size house down there for half what it would cost up here.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#3]
People from Chicago and ny moving down here they are going for 30-40% above asking price. Most are sold day or two after listing site unseen.   What most people don’t understand is the cost of housing / taxes are very $$$..  

Example I owned a house in the Hudson valley 3/8 of acre raised ranch sold pre Covid for 385,000.00 taxes we’re hitting 11,000 a year.  

So prices down here are nothing compared to that fir taxes and the closer you get to nyc / Chicago the taxes and price house go up crazy.  

So everyone coming down sees these as deals.. plus they will have money left over..  

I just hope to god they leave that liberal voting crap there and not bring it here.  I remind everyone you left mostly for the cost don’t repeat it here
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Another issue, especially in AVL, are investors buying cheap houses for short term rentals. They are supposed to be illegal in the city limits unless you live on the property, but it's not enforced.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]
West NC is more of you are rich or you are only so-so. Transplants come
there and want to raise taxes (to get the unwashed out) and limit any
change, but their's. Apparently the locals are not allowed to better
the situation for themselves.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Got this update recently.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top