Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2022 5:08:48 PM EDT
I'm going through with it, I can't stand what these people have done with my city.  Generations of my family have been born here, and I've lived here for practically my entire life.  If any fellow Asheville residents want to know any more info, please give my FB page a follow, share, and send me a message, it helps with the algorithm on how much we can promote the page.  I'd like to have a meet up somewhere with some like minded residents when it warms up a bit.  The other conservative candidates and I are working with the Buncombe County GOP for help in the "non partisan" city council election.  I'll be glad to answer any questions, thanks for the support!

Andy Ledford for Asheville City Council
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:42:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Might want to hop over to Carolina Firearms Forum and start a post. I believe a few of the folks live in Asheville
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Andy good luck with your run. I'm a native from a neighboring county but lived in Buncombe for a while, one of the happiest days of my life when we moved. I hope you can get some folks in positions to make a difference. I just heard back from my local board of elections today and am volunteering as a poll worker.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you! It's not going to be easy, the primary top 6 go to the November election, I'm hoping the number of left candidates dilute their voting bloc. I'm expecting 12 or so to be running, but all three of us need to make it in the top six to have a chance. I am encouraged by the support we've got so far, a lot of unaffiliated voters are mad at the current council.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Not my territory but good on you for stepping up!

Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in the county. I’d follow you but I realized Facebook is evil and a cesspool of lies and political censorship so I quit years ago. I’ll vote for you though. Those turds running things now are a mess.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you! I agree FB is cancerous, I didn't miss it at all when I cancelled my account years ago. At least when I made my new account I know what to put on it and what to avoid.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:51:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Andy,

If I lived in the city limits you would have my vote. I hate what Asheville has become in the 18 years I have been here.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Andy,

If I lived in the city limits you would have my vote. I hate what Asheville has become in the 18 years I have been here.
View Quote
Thank you, I don't like it either! I was interviewed this weekend, so if anyone is interested I'll post it below.

Andy Ledford for City Council

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Our ad is in the local free liberal paper! I'm sure they'll love it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#10]
You will have a long row to hoe in that lib cesspool. I wish you well though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks everyone for the support! It's going to be an uphill battle, but even the local liberal paper gave me a shout out.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2022 11:01:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the support! It's going to be an uphill battle, but even the local liberal paper gave me a shout out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63423/278290506_453483926576406_64547649128103-2356184.JPG
View Quote

You actually have straight answers to questions? You’re not doing this politician thing correctly

Seriously, best of luck!! Asheville is such a nice area but it’s a disaster now and it’ll take a few good elections to see some meaningful change IMO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Scumbags spray painted our sign on Merrimon Ave.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2022 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Ahhh, Asheville's tolerant left is at it again. Ester and her clown circus have turned this place into a liberal crap hole worse than before. You guys will be getting our vote, but with all the liberal idiots around and illegal voting, you will have a tough time, but good luck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ahhh, Asheville's tolerant left is at it again. Ester and her clown circus have turned this place into a liberal crap hole worse than before. You guys will be getting our vote, but with all the liberal idiots around and illegal voting, you will have a tough time, but good luck.
View Quote
Thank you! We're going to be at the Tourist game Friday, at least everybody stands for the national anthem!
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/63423/278290506_453483926576406_64547649128103-2356184.JPG
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File
Our mailer went out yesterday.

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Good luck Andy hope it goes well, I’m working the polls in a neighboring county, looks like early voting turnout has been pretty strong.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:02:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess people like Asheville being a cesspool. It'll probably take a miracle to ever bring it back.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#20]
It's going to be an uphill battle, run again.

You have to beat them into submission.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't get discouraged.  Run again if you can handle doing it.  Learn from the first run and improve where you can and eliminate things that were unhelpful or damaging.  Get out in the city and make your name known.  Trash clean-ups, Habitat house builds, etc.  Maybe check out the breakfast at Land of the Sky Shrine Club.  They hold it on the last Saturday of the month.  Chances are you'll meet a lot of people who are supportive.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I think the key is getting on the city boards.  Everyone that gets elected has served on boards.  The problem with that is the boards are all selected by the city council, so now that they know who I am, I doubt they would never let me get on one.  I would like to keep up the push for districts too.  I did well in S. Avl, and if it was in districts, I would be in the top two.  I'm going to take a break for the summer, but I am committed to staying involved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top