Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2021 7:43:06 PM EDT
Howdy y'all, I just moved to the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area a couple weeks ago and I'm hoping to meet some like minded neighbors to hunt with. Everyone else I know here has also just moved here, and most don't hunt anyways. Last year was not a great year hunting wise, but I'd like to learn the area and make some hunting buddies.

My Google-fu is weak, does anyone know of any local hunting clubs? How do I make friends as an adult? What about public land? I have no problem working for some doves (or ducks as the season opens).

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Howdy y'all, I just moved to the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area a couple weeks ago and I'm hoping to meet some like minded neighbors to hunt with. Everyone else I know here has also just moved here, and most don't hunt anyways. Last year was not a great year hunting wise, but I'd like to learn the area and make some hunting buddies.

My Google-fu is weak, does anyone know of any local hunting clubs? How do I make friends as an adult? What about public land? I have no problem working for some doves (or ducks as the season opens).

Thanks in advance!
View Quote
Welcome to the area. I live in Pinehurst. I don't hunt any longer, but you can check
this organization out: https://www.mcwcc.org/ . There are plenty of hunters there.

P.S. we put beans in our chili here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 4:45:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Big oof!

Thanks, I'm planning on heading there in Monday for the membership meeting. I'm only a couple miles down the road.

Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't followed the game laws here in a long time, but
dove season used to open in the beginning of September.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
DeWitts in ellerbe used to do a dove hunt, cool clay/skeet course there also.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't followed the game laws here in a long time, but
dove season used to open in the beginning of September.
View Quote

Correct, started this past Saturday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top