Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2021 9:09:48 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone knows a good divorce law reference site?  

Especially curious what gets you out of paying alimony... for example, if the wife gets emotionally abusive, does NC have something for marriage like constructive dismissal from a job?

I'm in a situation where I want to make things work, but wife has decided she doesn't like NC and is making the whole family miserable over it.

Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Lawyer up, now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Consult with a good lawyer. It will be worth your time and money. Been there, done that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Might be worth moving, and then getting divorced if that's what needs to happen.  The mandatory 1yr separation requirement in NC is dumb.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might be worth moving, and then getting divorced if that's what needs to happen.  The mandatory 1yr separation requirement in NC is dumb.
View Quote

I agree completely.

I am not from NC, but know of two people that lived and were divorced in NC. When I first heard this requirement, I thought WTF? But it also made me wonder how it is enforced or verified. If it is a simple affidavit that is signed in order to file, I wonder how many of these are faked (as far as date of separation)?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree completely.

I am not from NC, but know of two people that lived and were divorced in NC. When I first heard this requirement, I thought WTF? But it also made me wonder how it is enforced or verified. If it is a simple affidavit that is signed in order to file, I wonder how many of these are faked (as far as date of separation)?
View Quote
They're real, and it's rare that it gets bypassed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree completely.

Dayum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top