Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2021 4:14:29 PM EDT
So last night i emailed both our Rino senators..

Thills responded ..

this is responce.

Dear

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about H.R. 8, Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021. I appreciate hearing from you.

I have serious concerns with H.R. 8 and would vote against it if the Senate holds a vote on this legislation. This bill would significantly expand background checks on firearm transfers, including on private transfers between individuals. This bill would prohibit nearly all transfers of firearms between private individuals unless a licensed gun dealer or manufacturer first takes possession of the firearm and conducts a background check.

The Second Amendment guarantees all law-abiding citizens the right to bear arms, whether for self-defense, hunting, or recreation. Since taking office, I have been a strong advocate for protecting and promoting our Second Amendment rights and have a long history of balancing the protection of these rights with public safety concerns. During my time as Speaker of the North Carolina House of Representatives, I worked to pass laws that defended and promoted the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I serve on the committee with jurisdiction over the Second Amendment. Please know, if H.R. 8 or other legislation regarding the Second Amendment comes before the Judiciary Committee or the full Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please do not hesitate to contact me again about other important issues.

Nothing from burrs yet

Sincerely,

Thom Tillis
U.S. Senator
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, normally I find their blanket email responses irritating. I can’t complain about that one.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 9:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if Burr's office will respond?

Wouldn't hold my breath at this point.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Burr's responded to me about the tech companies which i was showed he has zero back bone and is a true RINO.. He would fit in as a senator from the northeast.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Got the same from Tillis, Burr response is MIA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top