Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2021 2:39:46 PM EDT
So I live in Morganton and I'm seeking out someone who can solder on a replacement potentiometer onto a circuit board for me.
Back story is that I knocked over a burnisher machine and broke off the speed pot. I received a second one (warranty) and broke that knob off as well
This is something that I know nothing about and I don't wanna ruin my chances of fixing these invaluable machines that I need for my leather working business. I'll be happy to pay you for your time or even hook you up with a sweet handmade leather belt or wallet in payment for your help.
This is on a circuit board so i need someone who has experience with delicate electronics.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have the replacement part?

Any chance of a pic of the board with the broken part?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Oops double tap
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
No I don't have the replacement parts yet.
And I have no luck posting pictures here.
Are you in the Hickory area?
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
A bit north of Hickory.  Got a brand and model number of the tool?  Maybe a part number or specs for the pot?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Things are a but crazy now with a remodel going on in the kitchen.
Sorry for not responding sooner.
The potentiometer is a B500K three (soldier points) and a small circuit board that's removable.
Looks like that's a common pot uses in guitars and other stuff.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd suggest first finding the pot.

Look here and see if you can find a replacement.
DigiKey

Make sure it fits and has the same pattern for legs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top