Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 12:57:16 PM EDT
I have been reloading with a Dillon 550 for several years but like most people stopped when ammo was so cheap . I am getting it fired up again and have always had issues with the primer feed as a lot of people have.
I have adjusted and tried everything that I could think of and tried lots of things that I saw on line but still having problems and when every 3-4 loads are messed up really takes the fun out of it.
Is there anyone local that is willing to come out and see if they can figure my issue.  I can unbolt the press and come to your location but would rather work on it where it is . I am happy to compensate them for their time if needed .
email is best
[email protected]

thanks
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you describe exactly what happens?   Example:  Primer is not coming into the feed area ?

There is also a reloading forum here that has some pretty good problem solvers.  But you would want to give a better description of the problem you are having.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm down in hampstead. I dont mind driving up to take a look at it.  

As someone said prior explain more whats happening in detail..

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the offer but think I have figured it out
I haven’t reloaded anything in several years and did not check everything out before I started back
It turned out that I was using the large primer slide in place of the small slide and the primer would jump around and sometimes flip over
But Changed it out last night and works fine

Thanks again for offer
If you ever get to Raleigh, give me a call and I will buy you a beer

Scott
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad you figured out..

Yep it will bite you for sure..

also the small and large plastic holder that holds the primers before they ejected into the primer piece do go bad too.. so heads up if you start to see it..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top