Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2021 3:19:44 PM EDT
So my setup for working on rifles is not ideal. My 14.5" carbine needs small adjustments that I just cannot do until I get my workshop setup.

I have a G Mk16 that I just cannot get completely straight and I just cant seem to get the barrel nut torqued down. Also, the forward assist roll pin looks like a retard (me I'm that retard) went at it and I cannot drive it in. Is there anyone who knows of a legit dude or smith that I can throw $80 at to get this squared away?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:44:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not me...but what part of the state?
View Quote

Charlotte or Boone out towards Asheville.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Id just smack it with a bigger hammer :)  when a project got to much for me my go to is R & B Rifleworks & Gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So my setup for working on rifles is not ideal. My 14.5" carbine needs small adjustments that I just cannot do until I get my workshop setup.

I have a G Mk16 that I just cannot get completely straight and I just cant seem to get the barrel nut torqued down. Also, the forward assist roll pin looks like a retard (me I'm that retard) went at it and I cannot drive it in. Is there anyone who knows of a legit dude or smith that I can throw $80 at to get this squared away?
View Quote

Both easy fixes but not home, sorry.  Are you locking either the barrel or receiver down?

CD
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what he will charge but Baity's custom guns in Wilkesboro should be able to fix you up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top