Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2020 11:04:00 PM EDT
Looks like Mayor Nancy Vaughn and the nut jobs on the Greensboro city council have shut down the gun show for this year.  Usually in August, they moved it to Oct 31, Nov 1.  Just checked the website a few minutes ago and found this.

There goes my chance to buy overpriced ammo and beef jerky before the election.  I was seriously going and looking for a 10mm revolver.  Oh well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Just another way they're using the 'rona to get what they want.
Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Mayor Nancy Vaughn hates guns, gun shows, and Republicans. If this info is correct, I expect she will prevent any future shows.
Her earlier attempt to eliminate the show is what launched Mark Robinson into the public eye with his heartfelt defense of 2nd Amendment rights at a GSO city council meeting.
Robinson is now the new Lt. Governor, but he has little control over Vaughn.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There’s another promoter pursuing a new venue. Possibly two. That’s the news I got from a dealer that does shows all over the state, for different promoters, almost every single weekend.
View Quote

I would love to see something big that took business away from Greensboro and the coliseum.

I despise Matt Brown and his ilk. They’ve been lying to the public for years about the coliseum ever since it was built.  My grandfather told me they promised originally that there were to be no parking fees.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would love to see something big that took business away from Greensboro and the coliseum.

I despise Matt Brown and his ilk. They've been lying to the public for years about the coliseum ever since it was built.  My grandfather told me they promised originally that there were to be no parking fees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's another promoter pursuing a new venue. Possibly two. That's the news I got from a dealer that does shows all over the state, for different promoters, almost every single weekend.

I despise Matt Brown and his ilk. They've been lying to the public for years about the coliseum ever since it was built.  My grandfather told me they promised originally that there were to be no parking fees.

I grew up two blocks from the Coliseum on Maywood St. I remember when it was round. Parking was free for many years. We used to go to the parking lot to learn how to drive. Greensboro Generals and Carolina Cougars. I can't say enough bad things about Matt Brown. Tearing down the Auditorium was a stupid move.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:52:36 AM EDT
[#8]
We have one coming about the third week of February  here in Eden.  It’d probably be a 30 minute ride for you - definitely under an hour...They already have pics of other shows they’ve been able to pull off during the COVID madness. Hopefully our local govt doesn’t shut it down..  we shal see!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top