Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2015 9:49:28 PM EDT
We're having some problems with petty vandalism. Culprit could be a slightly unhinged neighbor.

I want to install several security cameras to find out asap. Only problem is I am >8,000 miles away and won't be back in NC until Nov. Wife isn't up to doing the install herself.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that can install such a system for a reasonable amount?  

ETA: One possible alternative is several game cameras, which wife would be capable of installing. But I would feel better with a proper system of security cameras.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
SimpliSafe didn't seem to have a camera option.  I think that CPI Security does.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:07:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SimpliSafe didn't seem to have a camera option.  I think that CPI Security does.
View Quote
I think they're releasing cameras soon, like in the next few months.

We have Simplisafe and have been very happy so far with it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree on SimpliSafe.  We installed it earlier this year and it works great.  They are fantastic to deal with.  System allows you to customize it exactly to your needs and very easy to install.  I wanted it for when we are not home and really like the monitoring options for both break in and fire. I heard they are coming out with cameras in the next few months so maybe use a couple of game cameras until then?  If you are just worried about vandalism then game cameras would work for now as you really just need evidence after the fact and not instant notification.  Plus they would be easy to set up compared to a camera system.  Depending on where you want to put the cameras there are basic wireless cameras for things like baby monitors - would not be waterproof so would depend on where you install them.

Of course your best security system would be a dog (preferably GSD) but that is a different thread.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Pit bulls work too. I have two of them, most people that come knocking get nervous walking up the driveway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top