Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 5:07:44 PM EDT
What is happening to LEOs..... ?  Is this a lack of training? Or are LEOs just afraid these days?  I just don't get it.  Didn't Ed Brown say he was the LAW and you have no rights unless he says you do?  or something like that.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
That's just crazy, This is just like the one with the girls OC'ing in I think in Oklahoma and the cop stating the passport given to him was not acceptable ID. It's amazing that you now need to record interactions just to protect yourself.

spelling edit
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched that on facebook last night.  All I could think was she was on a power trip because he was challenging her.  the part that pissed me off the most was the response from the department.  They backed her.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Very sad to see that type of irrational response.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Was that handled the absolute best way it could have been handled? No. Was the deputy "out of control" c'mon man.....I think not. Keep in mind that you are getting one perspective from cell phone video footage, well after the initial contact which more than likely set the tone. The guys demeanor, facial expressions and the fact that the officer was on scene by herself all played a part in the way things went down. Until anyone has walked in those shoes you should be mindful of being too quick on the trigger of criticism.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was that handled the absolute best way it could have been handled? No. Was the deputy "out of control" c'mon man.....I think not. Keep in mind that you are getting one perspective from cell phone video footage, well after the initial contact which more than likely set the tone. The guys demeanor, facial expressions and the fact that the officer was on scene by herself all played a part in the way things went down. Until anyone has walked in those shoes you should be mindful of being too quick on the trigger of criticism.
View Quote

The guy was being a douche bag. Instead of talking to him, she went full retard and started screaming. She sucks at interacting with people. He wanted to play games, and she walked right into it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The guy was being a douche bag. Instead of talking to him, she went full retard and started screaming. She sucks at interacting with people. He wanted to play games, and she walked right into it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea well, everybody has a bad day once in a while. I agree she did play into his hand and no one is going to tell me he was recording the encounter because of anything other than the fact that he had an agenda, he was not looking to "protect" himself. I would say she sucked at interacting during THIS encounter, but you can't label her as ineffective simply based on this once interaction. Imagine if someone followed all of us around at work with a camera and captured you at your worse possible moment. Is that the one you should be judged by? Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I know there are, or at least were, some good decent, down to earth, no bullsh*t LEOs out there, but I personally have not encountered any in a very long time, and it seems more and more like it really is becoming us vs them, sadly.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I know there are, or at least were, some good decent, down to earth, no bullsh*t LEOs out there, but I personally have not encountered any in a very long time, and it seems more and more like it really is becoming us vs them, sadly.
View Quote

If you continue to take what the mainstream media feeds you at face value you will continue to feel that way. Might I suggest taking the opportunity to do a ride along with your local law enforcement agency. You will probably find that they are human beings who very much care about and want to help their fellow man. That right there is the real truth of the matter. Are there douche bags on the job? Yes, indeed there are. But the majority of officers out there you would be proud to have on the force. Unfortunately, all most people hear about are the negative incidents that occur, because that's what folks like to talk about.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you continue to take what the mainstream media feeds you at face value you will continue to feel that way. Might I suggest taking the opportunity to do a ride along with your local law enforcement agency. You will probably find that they are human beings who very much care about and want to help their fellow man. That right there is the real truth of the matter. Are there douche bags on the job? Yes, indeed there are. But the majority of officers out there you would be proud to have on the force. Unfortunately, all most people hear about are the negative incidents that occur, because that's what folks like to talk about.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur, every interaction I've had w/cops over the last 30 years has been respectful and calm. I treat them with respect and they give it back. When I was younger I used to drive too fast, a lot But I was always honest in answering their questions and most times they would cut me slack where they could.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top