Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2013 10:16:26 AM EDT
I am looking for information on the change of ownership of the old Allen's Range on 17 just north of Hertford.

There was a post on here many months ago that stated it had converted to a private club/range. I am curious if they are still accepting memberships.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in Chauncey's and he had said that the club he belonged to bought it or leased it. I would call them up or stop in and ask. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was in Chauncey's and he had said that the club he belonged to bought it or leased it. I would call them up or stop in and ask. Good luck.
View Quote

Since posting the other day, I have found out that it is a private range/club and that their membership is full/closed for now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard prices for membership was pretty outrageous for only being 100yds. Kind of a "We're the only range around so we'll charge what we want" kind of thing. Ive got a few buddies with land to shoot on, one of which we can get 900yds. I'll stick with my own places to shoot. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I heard prices for membership was pretty outrageous for only being 100yds. Kind of a "We're the only range around so we'll charge what we want" kind of thing. Ive got a few buddies with land to shoot on, one of which we can get 900yds. I'll stick with my own places to shoot. YMMV
View Quote

Sounds like the invisible hand of the free market at work.  They set a price and got enough customers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top