Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 12:26:55 PM EDT
I'm from CT but a friend of mine lives down in myrtle beach and is looking to get into ARs and shooting.  But, where should be go?  What shops should he avoide good deals and so on.

Any input will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:02:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Lived in MB for 2 years recently, and to be honest, I was never impressed with the pricing at the local shops.  Aside from the first pistol I bought there, I found an awesome FFL for transfers and bought all of my guns/parts/ammo online.  MB is a tourist town, and the prices reflect that.

There's a few shops off the beaten path that may have better pricing.  707 Gunshop didn't seem too bad, compared to most.  "The Gunstore" in Conway is another one.  I took my CWP class there, but I can't remember they're pricing on goods.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:31:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Have him take a day trip to the larger of the two palmetto state armory stores in columbia (2-2.5 hours away) they will prob have a much better selection, and better pricing than any gun shop in the myrtle beach/Conway area.....if PSA was to open a shop in that area or even a little further inland with a nice indoor/outdoor range it would be huge.  I think there is one class 3 dealer in the whole of horry/Georgetown/Marion/Florence counties, which is the gun store (on highway 701 south, headed towards georgetown outside of Conway) they prob also have the best blend of price/inventory, there are places you can get it cheaper in the area, but will not have the same stock (volume wise).  If he is just looking to get into ar's have him take a look at Walmart, the Conway location had about 8 in the case, and prob more than that locked in the cage in the back last week.  Pick up a basic AR on the cheap then see what he wants to "tinker" on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top